PDA

View Full Version : Free Birthday Visit to MK

Ten of Hearts
03-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I went on my bday 2/27. Tried to get there early enough for the park opening, but missed it by 10-15 min. Being the end of February, it was very crowded. In fact, as soon as I got off the riverboat at 905am, it was already packed at the main entrance. However, there wasn't much of a wait at the bag check. I found the less crowded areas to be by the HM and the riverwalk in Frontierland. There really weren't that many! But, one of my favorites- Mickey's PhilHarmagic- had no crowd or wait time at 915am so I got right in. The Peter Pan ride was packed throughout the day with all the small kids. I thought that it was sweet that old fairy stories still appeal to children. I still like them too!
I rode the train three times at all three stations. It was a good way to rest my feet and enjoy the view. I'd never taken the raft to Tom Sawyer Island and enjoyed exploring the island itself... finally, after about my 7th visit! Went to lunch at Casey's and the fries I had were the BEST. Left right after the parade for the 2 hour drive home (rush hour through downtown Tampa is never fun!) and made it in time for homemade beef stew with my parents. We reminisced about the old Tomorrowland with the 360 theater, If You Had Wings and Mission to Mars (still miss those :().
I had a wonderful day. :cloud9:
May have to get that annual pass! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
03-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Sounds like you had a great birthday.:party:

yjgirl32
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday. Thanks for sharing.

faline
03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
What a fun birthday! :party:

I remember those old rides very well and also miss them. However, I also enjoy the rides that have replaced them as well!

yourmagicalguide
03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Sounds like you had a great day at MK on your birthday :D

Thanks for sharing :mickey:

princessgirls
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your awesome birthday trip!!

We share the same birthday!!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
03-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for the report.

dtootsie42
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Sounds like it was a terrific birthday and a wonderful birthday. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: