PDA

View Full Version : nana/papa with three under 5

spoiledraf
03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Were going with the whole family (6 adults, 3 kids) and we want our kids and their spouses to have a night to themselves. What should nana and papa do to entertain the little ones, ages 1-1/2, 2-1/2 and 4-1/2 at the Beach Club for a few hours.
We thought a Beaches and Cream dinner with appropriate desserts, but after that, I not quite sure. Don't really want to go to a park so we'll have to check out the Boardwalk or what ever. Suggestions? :blush:

faline
03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
How about the movie that's shown there. I understand it's similar to the movie that's shown nightly at Fort Wilderness.

Pirate Granny
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Smores by the fire (supposely at the same place as movies but hour earlier)...we were just there for the Disney movie under the stars. Although your little ones may be ready for bed by then...it's on the beach and they have a blow-up screen (large) and everyone sits in the beach chairs...
I personally would just let them play at the pool until it closes at 8pm and then bedie by...

:pirate:

wdwfansince75
03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Over the years, we have entertained our grandkids at various ages, both at home, and while on travel..... Since the adults will probably return well after the youngest ones' bedtime, in-room activities may be best. That way, you can let them get to bed on their normal schedule....We have done room service and a room tv/movie evening with the grandkids, allowing our kids to enjoy some adults only time.....Also a good excuse to buy a few extra toys, and to try them out......Did a test run on my monorail set one year, while entertaining GK's.....

You can use room service....Can usually get things not on the menu......and ask about special deserts.....

You may also want to consider Kids Night Out....It would be about $25 an hour for the three GK's, but the people who provide the service come prepared to entertain.....We have never done it, but the service gets good reviews.

GK's are a special gift. Our youngest just turned 1...made his first trip last June...our oldest made his first trip at 6....favorite attraction was Indiana Jones....He earned his Jump wings at Ft Benning in January, and starts the Ranger Indoc Program next week.....I remember details of each trip with the grandkids.....Enjoy the gifts.

Belster
03-04-2009, 12:08 PM
My mom and mother-in-law did this for my husband and I in October. They went to a CS meal dinner and then took the kids back to our hotel and swam. After that they played and went to bed at a decent time so that they were rejuvinated for the next day. I was so happy because we really like to hit the parks and my kids just were not getting enough rest..this day put them back to normal.

Great idea helping your kids out like that!!!

Forgot to mention ages of my kids:
DD 11
DS4
DS 9 MONTHS (At the time)