PDA

View Full Version : appetizer as a meal?

disneynarula
03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Has anyone ever tried to order an appetizer as a meal as part of the basic DDP? I saw some menus where I preffered an appetizer instead of the meal.

Has anyone ever tried to exchange a dessert price appetizer instead of a dessert? I don't have a huge sweet tooth?

vicster
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't waste my money on the dining plan if you just want appetizers. Check out the prices on appetizers vs dinners.

disneynarula
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I was just wondering if this was a possibilty. I understand that it isn't always the best value. Everyone in my travel party will be on the same DDP so I need to get it as well. I wanted to get a crab cake appetizer at a certain location.

GoofyGirl18
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
That's a good question! I hope someone has the answer. I don't think they allow you to substitute an appetizer in place of a dessert.

Seasonscraps
03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Your value aside, I don't see why Disney wouldn't let you order an appetizer instead of an entree - it's more money in their pocket. This may be something that needs to be discussed with the CMs in the restaurant.

They won't let you get an appetizer instead of dessert.

KylesMom
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Jym sums it up pretty succinctly here:

Appetizer as Entree (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=149143&highlight=Appetizer+Entree)

Has anyone ever tried to exchange a dessert price appetizer instead of a dessert? I don't have a huge sweet tooth?
However, as previously mentioned, this is a definite no.

Simba's Mom
03-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Although I haven't done it, I was at Coral Reef once at lunchtime when the lady at the next table tried. She insisted that she wasn't that hungry and rather than ordering an entree and leaving half of it behind, she'd rather just order an appetizer. She understood that it would still count as a TS meal. However, the server said "No" She argued that she would be saving the DDP money by just ordering an appetizer, but the server was insistent-no substitutions. Sounded very inflexible to m!

Oops-I just went back and reread the thread and apparently the OP was asking about substituting an appetizer for dessert, not for an entree. Since the DDP was inflexible enough not to allow the first, I'd imagine they wouldn't allow the dessert substitution either.

disneynarula
03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I was actually talking about either substitution. Maybe I will just have to pay OOP for ym appetizer meal and use the TS credit for another day.