PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home Wednesdays

missalabama
03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Anyone been to one of these lately? Is it worth it? What all is involved? :blush:

Johnno52
03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
It involves a trivia game like Jeopardy for 4 contestants and some of the audience receive prizes through a raffle. Soft drinks and snacks (chips) are provided as well as gifts like DVC baseball caps for everyone . It last about an hour or so. :party:

Maleficent's Dad
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
If you're in the Boardwalk area, go for it. But I wouldn't go out of my way to get there...

They usually have Cracker Jacks and popcorn for snacks. There's lemonade and some soft drinks.

They pick a few contestants to play the trivia game (hint: they always ask how many cottages there are at Vero Beach! ;)).

Door prizes (as you leave, mind you) range from the aforementioned baseball cap, to small bags, bottle openers, calendars, cooler can holders, etc...

I guess everyone should go at least once, and while it's fine, I wouldn't go out of my way to attend..

Fortgoofy97
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree! If you have never been hit it once, or if your in the area stop by. Ocassionally you do get some good info, more so from other DVC members on different places they have stayed!

vizsla
03-05-2009, 05:18 AM
We have attended "Welcome Home Wednesdays" several times. We enjoy it because it gives you a little break from the parks and the opportunity to meet other DVC members.

wendy*darling
03-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I just attended one for the first time last week. We were staying at the Boardwalk, so it fit perfectly into our late afternoon break before dinner.

The game show was fun (and they did not ask about the cottages at VB ;)) and those 4 people got nice duffle bags.
The audience members who helped answer questions got pins, and we all got a baseball cap on the way out.
There was also the raffle drawings for about 5 more Members for some nice gifts.

Snacks and lemonade, a nice opportunity to meet other Members- and a nice break in the day. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
03-09-2009, 06:38 PM
(and they did not ask about the cottages at VB ;))
:jaw: :eek2:
I stand corrected!!! (There's a first for everything! ;))

Ed
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
(hint: they always ask how many cottages there are at Vero Beach!

...(and they did not ask about the cottages at VB

I stand corrected!!! (There's a first for everything! ;))

Six. :D

BirdsOfPreyDave
03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
We say we're going to go and check this out every trip. However, it hasn't happened yet. One of these days...

It's just like the free glass of wine and meet & greet for Owner's Locker members. Haven't gotten there for that yet, either.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
went once never again. they have lemonaid and play a game with popcorn.