PDA

View Full Version : Beaches & Cream?

disneyfan328
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok, first of all exactly where is Beaches & Cream??? Is it at or inside the Beach Club Resort?

Also I saw a picture that was posted in the other thread about ice cream and there is a YUMMY looking burger and onion rings pictured from there. Is this a TS meal or a CS meal on the DDP? That burger made me so hungry I want to give this place a try, but not sure if we will be able to depending on where it is located and if its a CS or TS as we are not renting a car.

Thanks!!

missalabama
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
It is at the beach club and yes it is a table service credit on the dining plan. You can walk to it through the international gateway at epcot.

We are staying at the Beach Club in a few days and we are planning to try it. I will be paying OOP though because it is not that expensive and I don't want to waste a TS credit on eating there.

thrillme
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
We ate there last summer. Yes it was a tasty burger. It was definately worth going. My friends were staying at the Beach Club. It was right behind the pool next to the arcade.

I'm a little surprised it was considered "Table Service" credit...but I guess we DID have a waitress and a table but to me it was a "diner" type burger hop. It wasn't all that expensive worth wasting a dining credit for table service.

pandkx3
03-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Do you have to make reservation or is it a walk up?

ibrowse17
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
It is walkup, and let me tell you, it is a tasty burger:thumbsup:

azcavalier
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
We went there on our last trip, but just for ice cream. It's tiny! Seriously, I don't think it can seat more than 150 people. And if that sounds like a lot, go count 150 people. That's a small group.

Didn't eat the "real" food, but it looked good. We tried the infamous Kitchen Sink sundae. We have a family of five, and we knocked out about 2/3rds of it. Yummy!

IamBelle
03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Um, i went there twice and i think its at the yacht club. When we first went there, we went to the beach club and asked the front desk and they said it was the yacht club. I believe it is a table service.

motherof4
03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Beaches and cream is in the yacht club and I believe it is a counter service.

Tinkerbellaella
03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Can someone clarify if it is counter or table service??? Sound yummy but we opted for the quick service dining plan...

Aggie97
03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
It definitely is a Table Service restaurant, but they do not take ADRs. Here are links to the TS restaurant listing in Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp#07Table_Service) as well as the 2009 Dining Plan brochure (http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2009%20Disney%20Dining%20Plan%20-%20Walt%20Disney%20World.pdf) on the WDW web site.

Their burgers, onion rings, and ice cream sundaes are very tasty! The "No Way Jose" sundae is my favorite. :cloud9:

They also have a walk-up window/counter that serves a much smaller selection of ice cream offerings to-go. :mickey:

ElenitaB
03-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Beaches and Cream is located in the Beach Club, behind the BC section of Stormalong Bay. It is a TS, and has amazing burgers and sundaes. YUM!

playdead88
03-04-2009, 06:24 AM
beaches and cream is located at the beachclub and its right behind the pool - its a great place to eat! the burgers are great and the icecream is better - my advice is to go at off times - like eat lunch early or eat an early dinner/late lunch - the wait times can get crazy there - no reservations are taken - we stayed at the beachclub and tried to get in there for 3 days before we finally got the bright idea to stop by one day after an a.m at the parks - we got there around 2:30 pm and only had to wait 20 min :mickey:

Luv Eeyore
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Most definitely the best burgers at WDW. As posted above, the wait times can be very long, so do go at off times. Even the walk up counter for ice cream can wind well out the door, so off times for ice cream is also a good idea.

jakeybake
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
It's between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club, outside by the pool store. It is definitely a sit down, not a counter service and there is no way on earth it could ever seat 150 people. I would say the max it could hold would be 50 people. It is very tiny and online pictures of it don't do properly reflect how small it really is.

We always stay at the Beach Club so we frequent Beaches and Cream a lot. One thing to be aware of is that they do not take priority seating so you will have a very long wait if you go anywhere near lunch or dinner time. That being said, they do give you a pager so you're able to walk around the pool area a bit and take in the sights and sounds of the resort. We usually plonk (is that an actual word?) ourselves down on a lounge chair right by the pool and just relax until our pager goes off.

I strongly recommend you trying it out, you won't be disappointed.

Jay