PDA

View Full Version : ADR Opinions???

Nini5055
03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
We (Myself, dd7, and mom) are staying at the GF in May and I managed the following ADR's (Dlx DDP)...please let me know what you think as I recently upgraded our park tickets to hoppers so we now have that flexibility.

Arrival Day
7:10pm - 1900 Park Fare

MK Day
8:10am - Crystal Palace
12:00pm - Liberty Tree Tavern (never tried)
6:00pm - The Wave (never tried)

AK Day
7:55am - OHana's (never tried)
12:00pm - Tusker House
3:40pm - Gardenview Tea @ GF (never tried)
6:30pm - Narcoossee's (never tried...should I try to get a later ADR???)

MK Day
7:20am - Chef Mickeys
12:00pm - Tonys Town Square
5:25pm - Crystal Palace

EPCOT Day
8:55am - Cape May Cafe (we love it!)
12:00pm - Akershush Storybook Lunch
4:45pm LeCellier Dinner (never tried)

HS Day
8:00am - Grand Floridian Cafe (never tried)
12:00pm - 50's Prime Time Cafe
5:30pm - Mama Melrose Ristorante (never tried)

Departure Day
9:20am - 1900 Park Fare

I made all the ADR's BEFORE getting the Park Hoppers. I just wonder if there is somewhere more "special" to eat dinner at instead of Crystal Palace??? Also, should I try to get a later ADR for Narcoossee????

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

TheDuckRocks
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I would try for a later time with your Narcoosee's ADR. You will more than likey still be full from the Afternoon Tea to be able to do full justice to the wonderfully large dinner at Narcoosee's. Do not skip either of them as they are both amazing.

SBETigg
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I think you've got some good places. I think you might also end up wishing you took advantage of more signature dining. That's a lot of meals, a lot of time out of the parks. Even when you're not eating, you're too full to really enjoy park time. I would rethink. I would change dinner at Crystal Palace in favor of California Grill and maybe drop another of the breakfasts. Don't forget you also get two snack credits per day. I can't imagine you're going to make it through the day with B, L, Tea, and D without bursting. Artist Point, Jiko, Flying Fish, Citricos-- all amazing and far better than some of your choices, like Tony's. It's nice to have the Deluxe plan, on the one hand, but on the other hand it's really so very much food and eating time unless you're trading off some of the credits for 2 ts places. But that's up to you.

The later Narcoossee's ADR-- Are you trying to time it with fireworks? If so, yes I would try for later depending on when fireworks are that night. But if you're staying at the Grand Floridian, you could watch them after dinner from the marina anyway, which offers a lovely view. If to space it more from the tea, yes. The tea is fun, but I can't imagine any way you will fit all that food in one day. And don't forget to try to catch the Electric Water Pageant from the dock. Fun! Enjoy your stay.

medic9016
03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
That is a lot of food with 3 TS meals a day. Two buffets in the same day is something I would not do. I would do more signature meals that take 2 TS from your DDP

beksy
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Another idea for a 2TS meal that we enjoy is HDDR if you are interested in doing a show. We loved it and it is my sister's number 2 request (after Chef Mickey's) for our next trip. The food was great and so was the entertainment. The whole family would probably enjoy it and it is a nice break.

KylesMom
03-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Not that you don't have some fabulous meals planned, but I must agree with the above responses. I would change out a few of your current reservations (Crystal Palace on your first MK Day, Tony's on your second MK Day, either 50's or Mama's on your DHS Day) and substitute out for a few signature experiences. You could look at California Grill in the Contemporary, Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge, Brown Derby at DHS, etcetera. As far as your Epcot day, I would once again consider slicing one of these TS meals in favor of a signature experience. Cape May, Akershus and LeCellier in a matter of nine hours is just an incredible amount of food to ingest!

I would also move your Narcoosee's reservation to later in the evening to distance out the time between your tea and dinner.

How wonderful that you're able to participate in the Deluxe plan! :mickey:

Nini5055
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Those are all great suggestions!!! LOL...we always get that reaction about the 3 table service meals per day!!! We did the exact same thing last year with DlxDDP and it worked out really well. Personally, we are not fans of counter service meals and are not in any major rush to fit everything in. Additionally, my mother takes medication and appreciates the breaks and food. We also have our breakfast ADR scheduled before park opening times (so not much time away there) and are not huge EMH fans as dd7 likes to swim at the hotel...BUT I did add Park Hopping in case we decide to do EMH in the evenings.

I did some character meals as dd7 is still in character mode, but not as much. I also didn't do the HDDR this time as dd7 was not fond of the food (I thought it was great and a wonderful show!!!). :( We didn't like the PL last time either...it was kind of boring (sorry PL fans!!!). I actually don't mind buffet meals and don't feel the overwhelming need to "eat all you can eat"...they also give dd7 more options than mac & cheese, pizza, and chicken nuggets to pick from. We eat as we normally would and this avoids hunger meltdowns. What snack credits we don't use we buy dd7's friends souvineers (like princess cookies).

Taking your suggestions into consideration, I will move Narcoossee's to a later time...I was thinking the same thing about being not so hungry after throwing in Afternoon Tea that day. While I also like the suggestion of more signature meals, that would be making dd7 sit through more "grown-up" meals than I would like (but it is something for our future trips as dd gets older). Overall, I have seriously cut down on the number of character meals!!! LOL :blush: Oh!...the Afternoon Tea was tossed in for my Mom (we are there over Mother's Day) and we will stay at the GF and swim before dinner.

We feel very fortunate to have been able to squeeze out this trip. Thank goodness for the buy 4 get 3 free deal!!!!

the other micki
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
You picked some great places! However, I cannot imagine eating that much food! Have a fun trip! :mickey:

Nini5055
03-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you for all the input...this board is wonderful!!!

I was able to change our ADR for Narcoossee's to 7:25pm...which I think will be better since we are having the GF Tea.

We really do eat breakfast, lunch and dinner here at home...so it is not really that much different doing the DlxDDp (for us anyway!).

I will be sure to let everyone know how it was...
:blush::thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-04-2009, 08:26 AM
It really is different than eating three meals at home. At home, I don't think you eat as much as you're served at these restaurants. You might, how would I know. But with the deluxe plan, you get an appetizer, entree, dessert per person per meal (with the exception of breakfast) and it's a lot. Maybe buffets will be more manageable, and you certainly don't have to clean your plates. But it's much more than I eat at home, and lots more time consuming. It sounds like you're prepared and ready to handle it, so that's good and I hope you enjoy. The extra sitdown time may be good if you're traveling with someone who needs a slower pace.

I would still rethink the tea maybe for another trip, or maybe instead of lunch. I can't fathom how you'll be hungry enough after lunch or ready to take more time out of the schedule, and then ready for even a 7:30 meal at Narcoossee's. But of course, you know best for you. Just trying to be helpful based on my experience and other people's deluxe dining reports.