PDA

View Full Version : scrap booking?

jimsgal05
03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know of any store that has scrapbooking iteams that are really cool and different from reg."craft store"...iteams ???

thanks,:mickey:

beksy
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm not into scrapbooking (not creative enough!) but I'm pretty sure that DTD has a store devoted to scrapbooking. We also saw a lot of items for scrapbooking at just about every store we went into but I'd check out DTD.

TinkerbellT421
03-03-2009, 01:54 PM
The store in DTD is called Wonderfull World of Memories. They have shrunk it because now it is the same store where you can have hats and such personalized. Some good stores online like Paper Wishes and Making memories have some really neat items you can buy online. And I recommend googling scrapbooking stores in your area, there are ALOT of local mom and pop type scrapbooking stores in a lot of states that not a lot of people knew about. I have one here in RI. THey usually have a lot of neat things.

wire0monkey
03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I do scrapbooks for all of our family vacations.

I've bought much better stuff for scrapbooking at my hobby stores at home than I did at WDW. The resort gift shops do have a few kits, but it's a very few.

I do buy postcards at the gift shops at WDW and use those in my scrapbooks.

I bought my favorite Mickey Mouse punch at the Archivers store at home.

jimsgal05
03-04-2009, 09:28 AM
thank you all for the info...I have alot but was looking for some differnt things so I will check out DTD store and the 2 online places...and yes

GO REDSOXS!!!!:number1:

thanks again....:mickey:

Magic Smiles
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I like to buy the year paper sets and the scrapbooking albums in WDW. Many of the stores in WDW (parks, resorts and DTD) sell scrapbooking items or at least did when on our last visit in May 08.

Lynn J Mc
03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
I save all kinds of stuff from the trip to use for embellishments. I have even picked up MM confetti from the ground! Much to my sister's horror. Napkins, paper coasters from the room, the stationary in the room. Anything that I think might "stick" in a book later.

Magic Smiles
03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I save all kinds of stuff from the trip to use for embellishments. I have even picked up MM confetti from the ground! Much to my sister's horror. Napkins, paper coasters from the room, the stationary in the room. Anything that I think might "stick" in a book later.
Are you my twin? I do the same things, especially the confetti. Much to my DH and DS horror. I actually asked at the Barbershop for some as they don't seem to sell it. The Barbershop gave me a few reluctantly.

aapriputin
03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
LOL... we went for our 25th anniversary in May 2007 for just a few days (to eat dinner at Tony's!!), I saved everything -- the soap wrappers and a bar of Mickey soap from the motel room, the confetti & streamers the waiter put on the table at Tony's (he even let me keep a menu when I asked), the stirrers from my drinks, the postcards I bought and mailed to myself (took address labels and postcard stamps with me), the stickers for the luggage for the airline... you name it, it's in the Memory Boxes!!

Allison
Dunlap TN

poor DH, we leave in a week to stay at PC for 5 nights and we're driving -- he says that its so I can take Mickey's entire wardrobe (I have a pal Mickey that not only has his own chair but also has a giant wooden wardrobe (doll trunk) with outfits for EVERY occasion) and bring home every bit of ephemera....

VWL Mom
03-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I too am a confetti picker upper :blush:

Since my kids are older the CM's no longer offer stickers to them. I do ask though if I see some I like and they usually give me a few.

jimsgal05
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I love it....I was planning on saving all my stuff from this trip like have done from past trips...the confeitti...oh that is good!!! my Dh is going to think I am crazy... but he will be thrilled when I am done with this scrapbook..it is ranging from 1978- 2009 ya big one!!!
thank you all....menu..humm

:mickey:

wire0monkey
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I save our room keys and paper tickets and get mint copies of the park brochures, too.

I also saved my kids' cardboard masks from the Epcot Kidcot stops. The cast members wrote the boys' names on them in Arabic and Chinese and Japanese.

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I save all my Disney stuff too. I could start a store. LOL. A.C. Moore has everything. Check em out.

TinkerbellT421
03-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I AM SO GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! My DBF laughs and rolls his eyes every time I go in a restaurant or anywhere and ask if they have items such as menus (paper ones obviously lol), napkins coaster, stickers, anything I can think of. He got so used to it that now he asks for me! lol! The girl at Big River Grill on the Boardwalk gave me tons of stuff she was awesome. SHe knew how it felt because when I told her what it was for she started laughing and screamed "I do the same thing!" lol!!!

TheVBs
03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
How funny! Me too! :blush: I really lucked out and got some of the Mickey confetti in a correspondence from Disney after we got back. But they should really sell little packs of it! One of my favorite things I brought home for scrapbooking were the happy meal boxes from Restaurantosaurus. I kept one whole and cut one up for embellishments. I would have never thought to ask for print outs of the menus though. I have found that they now have a few you can print out from the WDW site. I will remember to ask for some while we're there.

As far as scrapbooking stuff to buy there, I was really disappointed with the selection. I really expected more ride specific items, but had much better luck at our local scrapbook stores. I do like the park specific paper sets that you can only get at WDW though, and I've gotten those the last couple of trips.

dtootsie42
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM

I do the same thing...I get everything that I think I might stick into the book when I am home. My family thought I was nuts the first time I picked up confetti and now my husband will pick it up if he spots some while we are walking through the park....now that is love! :heart:

kemps@wdw
03-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I am a dedicated WDW scrapbooker, and have scrapbooked each of our WDW journeys! I scour all of the gift shops for new and different items, and have found wonderful things @ the DTD scrapbooking store, Mouse Gear in Epcot, and don't forget the resort gift shops. Also, check out the "Mousememmories.com website. And I have found that my local "JoAnn's Craft store has the best selection of Disney scrapbooking accessories of any in my area. But, I'm always looking for new sources, so let me know, fellow Intercoters, if I'm missing any!
:mickey:

TheVBs
03-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't know if you have a Michael's where you are, it's a craft/DIY store. Ours has a huge amount of Disney stuff, including disney themed albums and page kits.:mickey:

Lynn J Mc
03-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only confetti picker-upper. I will be informing my sister!
One of the things that I have done to help me with rides is take pictures of the signs for ther ride and then cut it out to use as an embellishment. IE the Dumbo sign comes out really well.

TheVBs
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only confetti picker-upper. I will be informing my sister!
One of the things that I have done to help me with rides is take pictures of the signs for ther ride and then cut it out to use as an embellishment. IE the Dumbo sign comes out really well.

Great idea! I'm going to try this next time. The last time we went my m.i.l. took a picture of the Camp Minnie-Mickey sign and it made a great embellishment. That's not something I would have thought to take a picture of. I wouldn't have thought of doing that with the ride signs either if you hadn't mentioned it. Thanks! :mickey:

LavMyst
03-26-2009, 02:51 PM
DW used to sell a lot of scrapbooking stuff but they have cut way back on it. They did for a short time sell the confetti but they replaced it with Tinkerbell stuff instead... and they were carrying like 20 differnt scarpbooking kits with paper and stickers but they cut that back too... but there are a few places online that still have some stuff. I buy all my stuff at this one site that is really cool. They are really nice people and they will get me just about anything I want from Disney, incuding the food and snacks that Disney refuses to ship out... PM me if you want more info.