PDA

View Full Version : Jet blue did it again

terri110874
03-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Just got another email from Jet Blue. Again they changed my flight:mad: Now its the trip home. First the changed the trip MCO from 1st flight to second flight leaving Boston. (Mind you after calling and fighting to keep all 3 family members together and get the 930 am flight out) Now they changed the 930 am flight to earlier one. I just want to scream. I did get a message from a higher up person. So I am off to vent to them.
At this point I am a square one looking for a flight to Orlando. Hope some good Dings come up for SouthWest. We are considering changing air lines.

vicster
03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
That stinks! Try Southwest - they're great and I've never had that problem with them.

LorrieP
03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
My flight with JetBlue has changed also. I was supposed to fly out of Portland, Maine at 7:24 a.m. on June 11, now it's 6:00 a.m. My connection in NY stayed the same. I'm sure it will change again before June.

I had the same thing happen last time we went with Delta. With the economy the way it is, I'm sure most airlines will probably do the same thing.

Good luck.

Kerry823
03-03-2009, 09:45 AM
This is certainly annoying! I have had my flight to West Palm Beach in late March changed as well. Isn't it funny if a passenger asks to modify their reservation it cost money...if the airline does it, the passenger is supposed to accept it without any type of compensation. There is no consideration of the impacts on pre-arranged plans made by the passengers for airport pickup, etc. or events.

Jet Blue should offer an inconvenience credit because they have significantly inconvenienced me. They offered to put me on another flight with a 6 hour layover. How is that customer service? I am ticked off but am now stuck with the ticket. I will certainly think twice before booking again!

laprana
03-03-2009, 10:03 AM
That really does stink! I'm sorry you're having to deal with it!

AirTran did the same thing to us for our upcoming trip in May. We booked a non-stop flight for the trip to WDW. It was at a great time and a great price! Well, when we went back about a month later to book our return flight, we just happened to check on our first reservation and were unpleasantly surprised to see that AirTran had changed us to a 1-stop flight with a 4-hour layover :mad:. We never received any kind of e-mail, phone call, or any notification at all that our flight had been changed, even though they say on their web site that they'll notify you if something changes. We went from having a 2-hour flight that got us to Orlando in the late morning, to a 6-hour flight (with layover) that didn't get us there until that night! We were ticked, to say the least! We called AirTran right then and after quite a bit of arguing with the customer service rep, we were able to cancel our flight and got all of our money back. They were going to try and charge us the change fee per ticket, but we flat out refused because it was not a change we made, and it was not a change they notified us about! It seems crazy to me that the airlines can do this so often, but it does look like it's happening more and more. In any case, we booked new flights on Southwest and are keeping our fingers crossed that they don't pull something like this, too!

Best of luck to you! I hope you're able to get something worked out that's better for you!! :mickey:

Mfarquar
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Keep an eye on the prices for the new times (and even any flights that have not changed).

Last year, they changed my times around and I was able to get on a newly added flight that was closer to my original departure time. Then, the price of my flight from Boston to Orlando changed and they gave me a $70 credit to cover the difference. However, I don't think they would have done so if I didn't call and ask.

So keep on complaining and asking, and hopefully they'll make things right!

thumperbug
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I've heard many complaints about Airtran but the new rash of Jetblue ones and their changing constantly is new. After Southwest I always thought Jetblue was the next reliable...

WDWFanatic
03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
That sure is a pain. I bet it makes you glad that Southwest is coming to Logan.:D

Tinkerfreak
03-03-2009, 03:38 PM
My flight with JetBlue has changed also. I was supposed to fly out of Portland, Maine at 7:24 a.m. on June 11, now it's 6:00 a.m. My connection in NY stayed the same. I'm sure it will change again before June.

I had the same thing happen last time we went with Delta. With the economy the way it is, I'm sure most airlines will probably do the same thing.

Good luck.

Have you noticed how they have really limited your options for flights out of Portland now? We noticed that they have cut back the number of flights out considerably from what they used to offer in the past. I can understand they are trying not to fly half empty planes but they are not going down on their prices any. We used to find Jet Blue the cheapest but not anymore. We have actually found flights on Airtran alot cheaper and even some Delta flights were cheaper.

TiggeRia
03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
I have flown AirTran multiple times in the past few years, and this past year they changed my flights quite a bit and by a large amount of time. I called customer service and spoke with them, politely, saying that the new times were not acceptable. They have always been accommodating in changing my flight times when problems were caused by their changes. I have even changed by an entire day to a more expensive flight without ever being charged. I suggest you keep at JetBlue to change it to a flight that is more suitable to you and insist that you not pay for the change.