PDA

View Full Version : The Wave?

GhostHost999
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

Was wondering if any of you have eaten at The Wave in the Contemporary...

What did you have and what did you think of it?

karenrarintogo
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I had the Grilled Beef Tenderloin and my husband had the lamb shank. Both were DELICIOUS! My dessert was 'creamy indulgence' and was also very good.
Server did not allow us to customize our desserts, although I think they do now.
We were there Sept. 08. LOVED this restaurant and plan to return on our next visit.:mickey:

LandFan
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I had the lamb shank, a few others had the pot pie and the fish of the day. The lamb shank was huge and very good. The pot pie was deemed B-/C+. The fish was a solid B+.

We were allowed to customize our desserts. They were by far the best part of the meal!

IMHO, I kind of felt like we were in a basement somewhere. They started off with a good idea but didn't follow through at all. The atmosphere left a lot to be desired. It's one large room - kind of loud and uninteresting. The tunnel entrance and bar are the best parts.

There is no reason for us to go back except maybe for a quick coffee and dessert.

LandFan
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Oh, we went at the end of July last summer and they let us customize the desserts. I just realized that the other person who commented went in September and were told they couldn't customize the desserts... I wonder if they still allow you to do this or if they have stopped it...

prttynpnk
03-03-2009, 09:54 AM
We also were there in Sept 08 and they did let us mix and match the desserts- maybe it was a very rule-abiding waiter you had!
We loved it and plan to go again in june. I had the fish of the day and my husband couldn't keep his fork away from my plate- he enjoyed his, but mine was better! The salad with the spaghetti squash and flax seed was also wonderful. We weren't wild about the table location- I hate being in the middle of the room,but we could have asked for a booth- our mistake. :mickey:

karenrarintogo
03-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Landfan is right--I forgot about the looks of the room.
The actual dining room is big and boxy and pretty plain, with pillars here and there, where they put some tables for 2. The entryway, waiting area, and bar area are very cool, however.

PS I remember I felt they overly pushed the alcoholic drinks, with large wine glasses already on all the tables and the server suggesting wine choices immediately when you sat down.

sillyolbear
03-03-2009, 11:30 AM
We tried the Wave the end of January and really enjoyed our meal.

As for the decor--it looked contemporary to me, but I must admit I live by the adage that you can't eat atmosphere.

Simba's Mom
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Landfan is right--I forgot about the looks of the room.
The actual dining room is big and boxy and pretty plain, with pillars here and there, where they put some tables for 2. The entryway, waiting area, and bar area are very cool, however.

PS I remember I felt they overly pushed the alcoholic drinks, with large wine glasses already on all the tables and the server suggesting wine choices immediately when you sat down.
That I wouldn't like. Has anyone else had this problem at the Wave? DH and I don't really drink, so this would make me uncomfortable.

BugeyedMuggy
03-04-2009, 09:46 AM
We ate at the lounge (bellied up to the bar) and we got a couple of wines & apps. and the atmosphere, food, wine & Sam the bartender were a highlight of our trip. We would definately go back again.

prttynpnk
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
We didn't really have any alcohol pushers at our table- maybe they didn't have the stock built up enough when we went!