PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting preferred ADR's?

GoofyGirl18
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Our 90 day point for our vacation is March 15th. I intend to get up before the roosters & get on the phone right away to make our ADR's. I understand some people have been sitting on hold for a very long time, which I'm prepared to do. For those of you who have called exactly at the 90 day point, are you usually able to get the ADR's that you want...or at least within a few hours of what you want? I'm trying to figure out what to expect.

elmjimmlm
03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
We made our reservations for our Dec. trip at the exact 180 day mark...(now its 90) and I started calling about 10 min. before 7 in the morning and was the first to get through...I got everything that I wanted and I started with the most important places for us and it all worked out...Pick the one that you want the most or the hardest to get 1st and go down your list from there...Hope you get what you want...:thumbsup:

greengeen
03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I made all of my ressies for our trip (May 31 - June 4) today. I called right before lunchtime, 11:30. I didn't have any trouble getting everything I wanted within about 30 minutes of the requested time. The "new" system seems a little slower and harder for CMs to use than the "old" one, but hey, I got what I needed from it!

GoofyGirl18
03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Good to know. That's all encouraging. Thanks!

SBETigg
03-03-2009, 08:05 AM
We made ours a short while ago for our April trip and got everything with no problems, even with one addition only about two weeks ago. We called at 10 am EST and weren't on hold longer than a minute. I've heard of more recent problems with long hold times, though.

jcvalenti
03-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey, our 90 day point is March 15 too ! Let me know what time you're planning on calling so we can get on 2 minutes earlier :)

Just kidding !

Our group is pretty large, but we called 90 days ahead of time for last year's trip (around the same time) and managed to get everything we wanted ... so it shouldn't be a problem. You might not get the perfect time, but you should be able to get in where you want to go.

lockedoutlogic
03-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Reservations have seemed to fall off drastically over the past six months ago....

obviously not for the two most overhyped locations on Earth.....Cinderella's and Le Cellier.....but everywhere else we've wanted was pretty much available on fairly short notice for trips in October, January, February (to be fair...the January trip was pushed back at the last minute until february....but we had no problem booking short notice reservations either time.....slow time of year though)...

It is a delightful change from the heyday of DDP....where nothing was available inside of 5 months just two years ago or so....

Hopefully the shift from table service back to counter service is fully underway....can't come soon enough for me...

Insanity Clause
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I called in January to make our ADR for April which was the 90 day mark and we got everywhere we wanted...some of the times weren't exactly what we had in mind but we had to be more flexible because we will be in a party of 7. As long as you have a couple of back-up places for just in case you shouldn't have any problem especially if you are flexible with your times.

TheDuckRocks
03-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Always, always, always have an idea of a backup plan if exactly what you want isn't available. If you can't get Le Cellier for Tuesday but you're going to Epcot be back there on Friday maybe that will be available or maybe lunch would be an option. Know what restaurants book up the quickest and ask for them first. Le Cellier, CRT, Ohana for example.
Good luck and have a good time.....the CMs always laugh at my WooHoos when I score a much wanted ADR.

beksy
03-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I called at the 90 day mark at 7:00 (I was obsessed with those ADRs!) and was on hold for about 15 minutes. I was abble to get all of the ADRs we wanted (about 11) around the times we wanted. The most I had to adjust was half an hour for one and the others were right at that time or only 15 minutes or so different. We didn't have CRT or Le Cellilar so I don't know about those, but I was able to get 2 early morning breakfasts right at opening, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, O'hana, Kona, 50's Prime Time, and several others without problems. Good luck!

GoofyGirl18
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone! We do plan to dine at Le Cellier & Ohana, so I'll try to make those reservations first. We also are going to dine at the Rose & Crown which may be more difficult to get. Everthing else I think will be pretty easy to get!

KylesMom
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Our 90-day is on March 15th also - and we'll be looking for ADRs at LeCellier and Ohana also! :mickey::thumbsup:

walstib
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Our 90 day point for our vacation is March 15th. .

Hey, our 90 day point is March 15 too ! .

Our 90-day is on March 15th also :

Wow, me too ! Looks like just Intercot will tie up all the lines at Disney Dining. With all of you guys calling at 7am, I better use several cells...:thumbsup: Good luck everyone !