PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras trip dining reviews

sassy2000
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
We just got back from our stay at WDW. Stayed Feb 21-28 and here are our dining reviews:
Sat- Ohana Dinner- A. This was our 1st visit here and it did not disappoint. The dumplings and chicken wings were delicious. My husband loved the steak, turkey, and pork but I thought they were a little overcooked. The bread pudding was delicious and I don't usually like bread pudding. The kids had fun also with the dancing. This is definitely a place we will eat at again.
Sun- Chef Mickey Dinner- A. I was a little worried about this one because of the mixed reviews but we enjoyed this place. This is one of the better character meals that we have done. I loved the scalloped potatoes and mashed potatoes and the carving station meats were great. The kids LOVED the dessert bar.
Mon- Play-N-Dine Lunch- C+. We have done this many times for our kids and I have to say that this will probably be our last visit here. The food is just ok but the character interaction is good.
Tues- Coral Reef Dinner- B. The steak was good not great. My DH got the grouper which he says was good but small portion. Now the dessert is another story... The chocolate wave was soooo good I could go back there just for it. Our server was great but it took a looong time to get our food.
Wed- Yak & Yeti Lunch- C-. I was disappointed with this one. My DH ordered the chicken lo mein which he enjoyed but I got the beef & broccoli and it had no flavor at all. The serving sizes are very big though.
Narcoosees Dinner- B+. Wonderful atmosphere. we got to watch Wishes at the end of our meal so that was nice. Appetizers of crab cakes & bisque which were both delicious. We both ordered Turf N Surf which was good not great and I got the pecan tart for dessert which was good. Overall nice place but definitely not worth the cost.
Thurs- CRT Lunch- A. We really enjoyed this meal. The food was very good. My DH had the major domo and I had the pork tenderloin which were both very good. We had the chocolate buckle for dessert which was tasty.
Fri- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast- A. It's hard to mess up breakfast. The omelet station was nice. I loved the strawberry soup. Mary Poppins and Mad Hatter were wonderful with our kids. My DD2 was dressed like Alice but Alice barely glanced at her. That was disappointing.
Cape May Dinner- B+. We enjoyed this also. The clam chowder was good and the non-seafood items were very good.
Overall we had a great dining experience this trip and we can't wait to go back. :mickey:

the other micki
03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Looks like you had a nice dining experience. I am looking forward to eating at Ohana for the first time in April. How long did your meal take at Ohana? Do y'all have Mardi Gras holidays in AL?

sassy2000
03-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks like you had a nice dining experience. I am looking forward to eating at Ohana for the first time in April. How long did your meal take at Ohana? Do y'all have Mardi Gras holidays in AL?

Our meal took about 1 hour and was great.
Yes, we have Mardi Gras holidays here in Mobile on the gulf coast. Mardi Gras started here with Joe Cain and we have over 2 wks of parades.
Have fun at Ohana:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree about CRT for lunch. It was one of our favorite dining experiences. Thanks for the reviews.