PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store Preference

Momto3littlemice
03-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi all,
We are making out our grocery list and trying to decide which grocery store we will visit for our groceries. We are staying off-site, will be eating a few meals in, and have a car. I think we are thinking Publix or Winn-Dixie. Any preferences?

Thanks!:mickey:

ILive4Disney
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
They are both similar price wise but with Winn Dixie you need one of those little cards to get the sale prices. If you can do Walmart Super Center...that is really your best bet for cost and variety. :mickey:

SteveL
03-03-2009, 12:22 PM
We usually hit the Publix on 192. It is close and the prices are OK. There is also a Walgreen's right across the side street and a liquor store.
Avoid Goodings, their prices are too high.

disneynarula
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
We found the best prices at the Wal Mart Super Center. It was about a fifteen minute drive from Pop. Some of the grocery stores closer to property had really elevated prices. Super Wal Mart prices were very similar to what we pay at home.

Love of Disney
03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Last year we used the Wal-Mart that was close to the outlet mall. Sorry, but I can't remember where, I just searched it online to get directions. I found it much cheaper.

Luv Eeyore
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I second the avoidance of Goodings - not only are the prices high, but the selection is bad!

Momto3littlemice
03-05-2009, 05:13 PM
We will have to check into the wal-mart. Is their produce good?

Thanks for the opinions!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-06-2009, 11:46 PM
You can sign up online for the Winn-Dixie courtesy card and they'll mail it to you. I've found their prices to be decent at least for the items we've bought from them. Juice, water, soda and breakfast foods.