PDA

View Full Version : Southwest question

Rosemickey68
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I wanted to make sure I understand something...we booked our flight already and will continue to look for cheaper flights.
So, if a cheaper flight comes up, I assume I would go to the southwest site and do the change.... or should I open up 2 tabs and cancel the inital reservation and book the new one? ( as southwest would give us a credit if we cancel and we can use that money for the new flight!?!?!) and then if there is $$$ left (say the new flight was alot cheaper) we would still have credit to use to fly sw within the next year of the booking date or is it the date that we are scheduled to fly?!?!
Thanks!

Tick-Tock
03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Just go to the website and make the change. They'll give you a credit for the difference. Credit has to be used one year from the date of the original booking.

Note that SW says that changing your flight could affect the fare for other legs (which is why people sometimes recommend making separate reservations for each leg of a trip). When I've made a change, though, I've never had it affect the other leg of the trip.

felix18
03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
You will not need to cancel your flight, just go to the SWA website and click on view or change your flight and it will guide you through to make the change. I have done this many times and it is really very easy and a cridit is always a good thing-good luck:mickey:

Rosemickey68
03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the responses!:mickey:

kcrc
03-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Just as an FYI, the credit isn't always good for a year. We just booked our flights for the end of June/beginning of July. It said on our confirmation something to the effect of "any credits must be used by 10/15/09". So, I'm not sure what criteria they use to determine length of the credit. When we used Southwest back in December, the credit was good for a year from the date we booked. :confused:

Nini5055
03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Good point KCRC...I used a credit to book our tickets and then changed my flights for a lower fare so now I have a credit again!!! I will have to check the expiry of the credit.

However, all in all...Southwest is SO easy to book and change reservations online!!! On our last trip, I was able to stop at the customer relations center in HS and they even checked us in online right there at the park!!! It was VERY easy and hassle free...which was partly WDW and SW.

One note: if you are going to "cancel" your reservation and then "rebook" they you should call SW directly and tell them what you want to do so the credit from cancelling is available immediately. I had to do this last year as we added an additional person and changed our outgoing airport. It was still easy and the Agent was helpful.

faline
03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
If you've used a credit for any part of your current flight, the year starts ticking at the flight reservation for which the first credit was issued.