PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Sept14-19

EPCOTcoffeegirl
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi guys!
So I've popped on and off the boards for some time now--

originally the trip my family had planned (and even bought the package paid in full!) was scheduled to start today. At this moment we'd likely be getting off the turnpike and onto I-4 :(

My dad passed last year and we are taking a trip to celebrate his memory.

Anyway, things happened and we had to cancel said trip. I'm enjoying a fun "stay-cation" at home sorting pictures!

Anyway, the new dates we're eyeing are the 14th-19th of Sept. I WORKED there on the college program during that time, but it was back in 02 and since 9/11 had only happened the year before, people were cautious

We are going to stay in pop century likely in the back of the 50s section. We have a few places we know we want to do table service (yay hollywood and vine and le cellier!!!)

but for those of you who have been to the 'World during that time, and more recently than 02 I'd love to know what sort of crowds we can expect? Are there any special promo codes we should look for and where should we look?

It's been so long since we've been (04--well it seems a long time to me!!) that I def could use any advice!

faline
03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
September is generally quite a nice time to go. Crowds are generally low to moderate though it is still hot and humid. Since you worked there, you'll remember the daily afternoon thunderstorms that are hit or miss and also the occasional tropical storm. Since it's still in hurricane season, you can't rule that out entirely as well.

Keep an eye on the Accommodations forum for specials. Better yet, book through Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) and they'll keep an eye out for you!

tinksmom02
03-02-2009, 02:51 PM
We've gone that time last year and just a week or so later the year before that. Crowds are manageable, but because that was when they'd typically offered free dining, ADR's were a must.

They haven't announced free dining yet (if they were, I think it would be in the beginning of April), but we booked for Sept 12-19, anyway, hoping for it (since then we've gotten a much better deal through a pin code).

It's hot and humid and you run the risk of running into Lovebugs, but we enjoy that time of year.

Maybe we'll see you there!

karenrarintogo
03-02-2009, 02:52 PM
You're probably aware of the free dining promotion that has been historically offered during Sept. For the past 3 years it has been offered in early April. Keep an eye out for this--tho no guarantees it will be offered to the general public again. Pairing free dining with a stay at a value resort gives you the most bang for your buck. You're also going during the MNNSHP, which is worth going to, I think.
It's great time to go! Crowds are fairly low, with minimal to shorter waits. Restaurants are packed, however. We're going this coming Sept. for our 3rd year in a row! :mickey:

EPCOTcoffeegirl
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
cool! I thought I remmebered it being really relaxed and groovy crowd wise around that time. I also recall there being a lot of folks from the UK? Which is rockin cool too:)

Humidity and Love Bugs? :laughs: We are from Central Louisiana--the bayou state--the Love Bug is practically our state bird ;)

I just hope there are still some bunnies on the hills at the resort and at the MK :)

SteveL
03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Last year we did the four day cruise that started on 09-14, then tacked five days onto the end of the trip..
It was a great time to go, crowds weren't bad, weather still quite warm, and we were able to do MNSSHP.
We liked it so much we're doing the same thing this year.

JMTStone
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
:wave:

We'll be there too celebrating my X0th birthday. I've never been in September but with school back in for a week or two, I'm hoping for not-so-crowded parks. If I weren't using my DVC points, I'd call Magical Journeys. I booked a trip with them last year. They were able to give me a great deal and THEN they topped themselves by finding a discount I wouldn't have been able to find when it was released by WDW and got me big buck savings! Paid for my DDP!

Give them a jingle!