PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Space Center

Luv Eeyore
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
While we're at WDW in April, we are thinking of taking DS to Kennedy Space Center because he's really into rockets right now. On the day we are thinking of going, we have dinner reservations at Cape May Cafe at 6pm. Can we reasonably expect to drive out there and back, see enough to make it worth the trip and still be back in time for dinner?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Kennedy is a GREAT place to visit.

You will see enough in a day, but leave early as there is so much to do. You won't be able to do everything, but it is still worth it.

When we went a couple of years ago, we spent 7 hours, and saw TONS, but not everything, so it most certainly worth the day trip :thumbsup:

joonyer
03-02-2009, 01:14 PM
There's enough to see & do at the space center for at least two days. So if your time is limited, I suugest looking at their web-site and decide what activities will be a must do fro you and get there as soon as they open. My two boys loved it (12 & 9 when we went); there's a lot of "hands-on" exhibits and activities.
If your DS is really into rockets, he'll leave there want ing to go back.

caryrae
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes Kennedy is a great place to visit if you're in to Space and NASA. It takes like 1 1/2 hours or so to get there. The Kennedy Space Center bus tour is fun and takes a couple hours. You get on a bus and it takes you to like 4 different stops where you can look around and new buses come and go every 15 minutes and it's included with your general admission.

MNNHFLTX
03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
If it were me, I would either try to do it on a day that you don't have dinner reservations on, or try to change your reservation to Cape May for a later time. When you factor in the driving time (allow about 1-1/2 hours each way to be safe) you would be pressured to see everything you want to at the Space Center. We used to live in that area of Florida and would visit the Space Center at least once a year and it was always a full day trip even for us.

Make sure and see at least one of the IMAX movies and take the main tour. And the daily Astronaut Encounter is very cool. I just now checked and one of the astronaut presenters during the month of April is Story Musgrave. He is a legend within the ranks at NASA; I would love to hear him speak!