PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Rumors For 2009????????

moe513
03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Has Anybody heard any rumors for this year and if so WHAT ARE THE DATES. We couldnt do it last year because the dates didnt fit into the school schedule.

Strmchsr
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
There have been pin codes released for "free" dining that cover end of August through early October, but I've heard a ton of different rumors about a public offering ranging from there won't be one (which seems the most common rumor) to there will be a tiered offering like was made to the UK, to normal DDP. However, in years past it's generally been late August through September. We'll probably find out early to mid April which rumor is correct.

moe513
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I had the pin and thought it expired on the 28 but when I went to book it had expired on the 26. I was 12 hours too late. I am so:mad: mad at myself.

caryrae
03-03-2009, 03:53 PM
What is the "Free Dining Plan", do you really get one of the DP for free if you book a package or something?

Strmchsr
03-03-2009, 04:00 PM
What is the "Free Dining Plan", do you really get one of the DP for free if you book a package or something?

The "free" dining promotion has been going on for the last 3 or 4 years during late August through September. The basic deal is you get the DDP "free" when you book your package. However, the "catch" is that you pay full rack rate on the rooms. For this reason, it's a pretty decent promotion for the value resorts. Not so much on the moderate and deluxe. I'd rather have a room discount at that level.

caryrae
03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
OK gottcha, thanks that helped.

TheRustyScupper
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Has Anybody heard any rumors for this year and if so WHAT ARE THE DATES. We couldnt do it last year because the dates didnt fit into the school schedule.

1) There are lots of rumors.
2) I assume with business down, they will offer it again.
3) But, don't look for it during school holidays or vacation.
4) The intent is to get guests to come outside of those dates.

motherof4
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
what is a pin code

Strmchsr
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
A pin code is a specific code attached to the name of a specific person which gives a specific discount. Only the person to whose name the code can attached can use it. They are sent out randomly and can be received via email or snail mail.