PDA

View Full Version : Major Snowstorm in the Northeast

Hull-onian
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Thank goodness for snowstorms, I can do Intercot today.:mickey:

PirateLover
03-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I got a snow day! Yay! Everyone that has to drive in this mess, stay safe!

WDWFanatic
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Us too! We may get 15+"...Well at least ski season will be extended, lol.

Tick-Tock
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Here in Denver it's supposed to be in the low 70s for the week.:secret:

I'm sure we'll be getting some major snow here in March or April, though (usually two of our snowiest months).

DAKustodial
03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
We're getting hit by it pretty good here in Philly. I shoveled about 6 inches this morning and probably have another four or so on the ground right now.

I used to love the snow when I was a kid but, man, when you have a house it's not a whole lot of fun! I had to dig out my car and shovel my whole driveway and sidewalk...and I have a home on a corner and a huge yard...lots of sidewalk!

Tink1
03-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I HATE SNOW!

I was supposed to go to the PHL flower show tomorrow. No way will the streets and parking lots be cleaned, so now we are trying to see if we can go on Thursday.

I was sooooo looking forward to it.

Nanc

Hull-onian
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I HATE SNOW!

I was supposed to go to the PHL flower show tomorrow. No way will the streets and parking lots be cleaned, so now we are trying to see if we can go on Thursday.

Nanc

I go an :idea:, lets all move to Orlando.

Sylvia
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
At 5 AM this morning, our work hotline reported that we had a 3-hr delayed opening, but "keep checking for updates".

I kept checking hourly, and at 9 AM, the unexpected happened - no work, due to increasingly hazardous conditions.

The result - an unexpected snow day. My cat is confused and must be wondering why I'm still home. :D

Is it spring yet??????????

barnaby
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
12+ inches for me in Cumberland Co.
Drove to work today down to the Stone Harbor area, roads weren't too bad. It is usually a 40 minute drive that took me an extra 15 minutes.

I was happy to finally see some accumulation, even thought I have to shovel when I get home.

SteveL
03-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I HATE SNOW!

Nanc

It really isn;t all that bad in Philly.Through it all, it only took me 15 minutes longer to get in, and I have a 36 mile commute.

Mousefever
03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Here in Denver it's supposed to be in the low 70s for the week.:secret:

I'm sure we'll be getting some major snow here in March or April, though (usually two of our snowiest months).

I'm a displaced New Englander in Denver and I'm jealous. We've had no snow for what seems like a couple months. It's so ugly here in the winter! It would be nice if snow covered the brown and the gray. Instead we get dust clouds, tumbleweeds and wild fires because it's so windy and dry. Lame.

If we don't get our March and April snow, we'll likely be headed for more fire danger into the summer.

OK, I'm done complaining.

Amy

PirateLover
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
I HATE SNOW!

Nanc

I don't think you'll have much of a problem. It's been really sporadic in the city though because of drifting... for instance we got maybe 4 inches on my side of the block but the other side barely got a dusting! Meanwhile my yard is closer to 6 inches. At any rate the snow emergency has now been ended, and city employees did not get the day off, so many of the lots and streets had to be cleared for them as well.

JPL
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I am fully enjoying my snow day I got the call last night :cloud9:

princessjojo
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey, even down here in NC we got about 6". I'm loving it, even though I was off today anyway. Oh well, it gave me a chance to play in the snow with the boys.

princessgirls
03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I AM SO READY FOR THE SPRING!!!!

ENOUGH OF THIS SNOW ALREADY!!!

LOL... It was nice to stay in bed until 9am. School was called off last night already, and I called into work.

19 days until I am in Disney!!!

Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
I just got done shoveling. I could do without snow now that we've had so much. I was just beginning to be able to see grass again, and wham, more snow. Blech.

Stitchahula
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Ok the other day I was walking around with no jacket on. Today we have over 10 inches of snow. The only good thing is my DS's love the snow. I've been watching it fall ALL day long and I could've swore they said it was stopping at 9:00 this morning. We went to a Red Cross Banquet yesterday and 1 of the speakers was new to NE and he is freaking out over our winters. It was kind of funny to see him puzzled at our attitude about a snow storm (like it was more of a pain than anything else). You just got to love NE it always keeps you guessing.

Bethis26fan
03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey, even down here in NC we got about 6". I'm loving it, even though I was off today anyway. Oh well, it gave me a chance to play in the snow with the boys.

We got about 5 here in SC. I loved my snow day.

crazypoohbear
03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Am I the only one who wanted this storm?????
My DH plows for the city~ we are going on a cruise in June and need to pay off the balance~ So..... snow is a gift from God~!!
My oldest DS is home from college this week so he can shovel the snow with his younger brother!!!
I don't have to be to work unti noon ~ the roads are clear by then.
What is NOT to love about this storm??? ;)
THREE MORE just like this one would be perfect!!!!!!!

pianobabe
03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
We actually got snow!!! We are in the foothills, so the mountains "steal" any snow we are forecasted to get. When it comes from the South, we stand a better chance. We ended up with about 5 inches. DH was on call this weekend and ended up sleeping at work last night. DS and I have enjoyed getting to stay home from school and work.:party:

Princess'Mom
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Lots of snow here in southside VA. We have 12 inches of snow. Lots of tree damage, no electricity, no telephone - so it is pretty primitive. This morning the temperature was a balmy 9 degrees F. Yikes!
I didn't go to work yesterday due to the nasty road conditions. Driving to work today wasn't too bad - once you made it to a main interstate or freeway. The back roads are horrible. In fact, I passed a snowplow in the ditch on my road!
The power company anticipates all services back on by the weekend. It is going to be a long week!
I'm wishing I was further SOUTH! :D

Tinkerfreak
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Well if you add the foot of snow we got monday to the 2 feet of snow we got last monday it equals NO MORE ROOM IN MY YARD FOR SNOW!!!!!!!! I am over this allready and getting depressed. I know it is surposed to be beautiful and pretty and all that yadda yadda yadda but enough allready! My feet are screaming to be bare and in sandals not stuffed in my L.L. Bean boots that need to go up to my knees to keep the snow out.

diz_girl
03-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I got the day off yesterday! Woohoo! We got about a foot by late morning.

I love snow. I love driving in it and walking in it and just watching it from inside of my house. I'm so happy that we finally got a decent snowfall this year. Anything under 4" is disappointing.

DisneyDog
03-09-2009, 10:27 AM
So, we went from having a major snowstorm on Monday, to having a high of 72 by Saturday. How strange is that?

pianobabe
03-09-2009, 07:11 PM
So, we went from having a major snowstorm on Monday, to having a high of 72 by Saturday. How strange is that?

My sentiments exactly. We even had to cut on our air conditioner yesterday. This is unreal.