PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg, VA

DNS
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
We are planning a trip to Williamsburg. We will be going to the historial sites as well as Busch Gardens. I am trying to find nice restaurants with casual dress. We decided we want do just take casual clothes on this trip. Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants that are casual dress?
Also, we are thinking about going to Shirley Plantation. Anyone been there?
Thanks so much!

beksy
03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I live about three hours from Williamsburg and absolutely love it! Feel free to stop and pick me up to be a tour guide! We actually make the trip a few times a year just for the food. If you like seafood, Captain George's is wonderful. It is a huge buffet that is casual with all kinds of seafood, including crablegs. I'm not a huge seafood fan and they have great manicotti and prime rib on the buffett, too, for those that aren't seafood lovers. They don't have oysters or lobster but I think they have about everything else. The desserts are really good too. We go here whenever we visit Williamsburg or drive down to eat there to celebrate a special event. It is a little over $20 for each adult (last I was there) but we think it is well worth it. The atmosphere is great too. There's a "river" running through the restaurant, a waterfall, and the buffet tables look like ships! Dad ate here for 4 hours one time (it's true, we were hungry again by the time he was finished!). Another neat idea that would require reservations is to try one of the historic inns at the colonial part. I was young when we ate there and don't remember much but they seemed very authentic. This is casual too (we don't do dress-up places in my family!). I would also suggest going on the Jamestown ferry if you have time. It's a free ferry ride across the river and then we turn around and go right back but it is a lot of fun. If I can help any more, feel free to PM me!

Minnie4me
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I live in VA.

If you like seafood buffets...Capt. Georges is very popular. They have a website if you want to check it out.

We have eaten there several times and the food is always good.