PDA

View Full Version : Walking?

laughteristimeless
03-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on here. But i am planning on going on a 3 day cruise with my family including my grandmother who is having a knee replacemnt. Witch means she wont be able to do a lot of walking. Can you please tell me how much walking will be done? Do you think she would be okay walking the ship. Also how much walking do you think an average person would do off the ship. Thank you indavance! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
You can take a look at the Disney Cruise website for a virtual tour of the ship. That might help you get oriented with where the restaurants, the theatre and other things you might enjoy are located.

I think for your situation, you might want to look at a stateroom on the 5th floor. They are located in the front and back of the ship and all are very convenient to the elevators. One thing we did find on some of our cruises is that the elevators can be quite slow and they get crowded. If you had to take the stairs down to dinner or to have drinks, you'd only have a flight or two to go down. They do have banks of elevators at the ends and middle of the ship, so that does limit having to walk a lot.

How much walking you do at port is really up to you. The 3 night makes stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. For Nassau, you do need to walk about a quarter of a mile from the ship to the Welcome Center. Once you get through that building, there are taxis available, or you could hire a horse drawn carriage to take you around town. In Castaway Cay, you only have a short walk to the tram pick up. The tram will bring you down to the family beach and you can transfer to another tram for the adult beach. You can set up your family so they'd be close to the food area and bathrooms.

laughteristimeless
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Thank you for the response it was very helpfull