PDA

View Full Version : NEW Quick Service Dining Plan Option

jennsky
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm not one who has the time for many sit down meals, so while surfing disneyworld.com today and hypothetically pricing a disney trip, I noticed they now have a quick service dining plan where you get two quick service meals a day plus a snack PLUS a refillable resort mug. That actually sounds like a plan I will sign up for. Anyone have more information on it? I checked the dining info on intercot (quickly mind you as my toddler was climbing all over me) but didn't see any info on it. I'm curious how much money I'd be saving signing up for it and what it works out a day as a cost per person...

lovewalt
03-01-2009, 09:08 AM
I don't have any cost breakdowns for you but I just wanted to point out that you get 2 snacks per day on this plan.I don't have any experience with the Quick Service Plan yet but we will be trying it out in May.

Mousefan29
03-01-2009, 09:14 AM
We're using it at the end of this month. There's a pdf on the Disney web page that explains the program. While we feel it's not quite the value of the regular dining plan, we're looking forward to having everything paid for ahead of time. And the refillable mugs is an added bonus!

masondoggy
03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
We were going to do the Quik service Dining Plan for the convenience of having everything paid up front and less worries while we're vacationing. But I went through the menu's posted on this site and every single way I added up what our family would typically order, it just wasn't adding up. I kept coming our two to three hundred dollars less for the week than the cost of the dining plan. We're not big eaters, and we certainly wouldn't order a dessert with every meal (especially with 4 kids).

We figured we'd just end up paying a huge premium for the "convenience" and then we'd have to put out more money on top of that to do the two table service meals we wanted to do. Yikes! So, we've decided against it. Instead, we're thinking about puting our food budget on a Visa Gift card....so it's set aside and still "prepaid" but we're getting much better value for our money.

I think this dining plan might be better for a group with older teenagers or all adults, especially a group with a lot of men that eat a lot. But we have a 12, 10, 7, and 2 year old and the ten year old has no interest in ordering off the adult menu and she'd never eat that much food anyway. So it just doesn't work for us.

caryrae
03-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is a nice discussion about it here http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150055&highlight=quick+service+dining+plan

DizneyRox
03-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Best case I could come up with was a wash on the QS Dining Plan and that's if I spent time going with the most expensive options on the menu at the most expensive QS locations. Another failure in terms of value on the Dining PLan.

caryrae
03-01-2009, 10:11 AM
For us I don't think it would be a good deal because for our 8 day trip we may only do 4 days worth of parks and I see CSR have nothing for Quick service dining options. http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/2009Quickservice.pdf

Johnno52
03-01-2009, 10:28 AM
DDPs as mentioned many time are expensive and too restrictive. You either have to eat all sit downs and big meals or all counter for your length of stay. People can convince themselves that they are saving money and are convenient, however you are paying for it and locking yourself into set meals and times.

A vacation should be "do as you please and when you want" The DPs take away this free wheeling.

After 3 years doing them we now go free wheeling again and love it. We haven't gained any weight from our last 4 trips. I have tried to keep tabs on the cost and after 3 days I give up as at every meal we come ahead.

We also like to eat at Swan/Dolphin which is not covered by the DP which overs very good choices.

We also like to mix counter and sit downs on our stays and this cannot be done with the plans without losing money or paying more.

chrisie703
03-01-2009, 10:31 AM
CSR has Pepper Market for quick service, and POFQ has Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court, don't they?

caryrae
03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
CSR has Pepper Market for quick service, and POFQ has Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court, don't they?

Yeah I made a mistake about POFQ but I hear Pepper Market is not run by Disney. In the link I had it shows nothing for QSDP at CSR.

playdead88
03-01-2009, 10:38 AM
finally an option for us - we are counter service people - we like to eat quick and get back out in the parks and not to mention the other dining plans just always seemed like so much food to us - everytime we looked into doing the other dining plans it was like we had to plan our whole trip around food not exactly what we were looking for so we can't wait to finally have a prepaid food option :mickey:

PetefromRI
03-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah I made a mistake about POFQ but I hear Pepper Market is not run by Disney. In the link I had it shows nothing for QSDP at CSR.
CSR's Pepper Market is all DPQS meals.We found that it's one of the best bargains for a QS meal with the steak dinner being the best deal.Your right about it not being owned by Disney,but it is part of the DDP.

caryrae
03-01-2009, 10:53 AM
CSR's Pepper Market is all DPQS meals.We found that it's one of the best bargains for a QS meal with the steak dinner being the best deal.Your right about it not being owned by Disney,but it is part of the DDP.

Are you sure about Pepper Market because when I look here http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/2009Quickservice.pdf for QSDP locations it does not show CSR as being inluded.

Magic Smiles
03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
You would seem to loose out on the beverages if you are eating at your resort. The meals include a beverage, but the plan also includes a refillable mug and therefore half the time you probably wouldn't be purchasing another beverage. At least most of my family wouldn't be.

Belster
03-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes, CSR's Peppermarket is a QS menu plan. You do have to leave gratuity there.

PetefromRI
03-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Are you sure about Pepper Market because when I look here http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/2009Quickservice.pdf for QSDP locations it does not show CSR as being inluded.
I just went to the official Disney site and yes,it is on the DDP.Alot of times there is old info on these sites.Alot of restuarants wait to sign contracts with Disney after the info is posted,but the newest listings have the CSR on it.

Seasonscraps
03-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Someone posted this thread a few days ago - their friends kept track of out of pocket food expenses and found they saved $125 doing that instead of purchasing the dining plan.

cost comparison (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150712)

tinksmom02
03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
You would seem to loose out on the beverages if you are eating at your resort. The meals include a beverage, but the plan also includes a refillable mug and therefore half the time you probably wouldn't be purchasing another beverage. At least most of my family wouldn't be.

While we haven't used the QSDP, we do use CS meals for breakfasts, and typically would get bottles of water to take into the parks with us (leaving our snacks for Pineapple Floats!)

tjstrike
03-02-2009, 02:52 AM
I was doing alot of figuring the other night and I think you're just going to break even at best. With your entree, desert, drink and taxes it's going to be roughly $11 or $12 a meal. A good snack is $3 - 3.50 plus tax so now that's up to $28 to 32 dollars plus your refillable mug.

Figment!
03-03-2009, 10:04 AM
I checked the dining info on intercot (quickly mind you as my toddler was climbing all over me) but didn't see any info on it. I'm curious how much money I'd be saving signing up for it and what it works out a day as a cost per person...The Disney Dining Plan section has now been updated with 2009 information.

Disney Dining Plan (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp)