PDA

View Full Version : June vs. August?

masondoggy
02-28-2009, 01:54 PM
We have a package booked July 18-25 at the Contemporary. DH just called me from work and said he was poking around on WDW's website and we could get the Grand Floridian (my DREAM :cloud9:) Aug 8-15 for just a few hundred more. This is like miraculous because I just got a lecture from him a few weeks ago that there's NO WAY we're spending that kind of money just to stay at the GF...

So, he's "almost" got me talked into it....so what's the difference in crowds/weather between July and the second week of August? Aren't a lot of schools back in session that week? Does that have a significant effect on crowds? I'm thinking reduced crowds will make the heat soooo much easier to handle.

the other micki
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
If this helps, our kids go back to school that week (south Louisiana). Lots of southern schools start early. I think that the 2nd week in August would be somewhat less crowded than July.

SBETigg
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
The heat is about the same and the crowds are lower in August as the month progresses. I've stayed at both resorts and I'm a big fan of the Grand Floridian. The feel is more quiet and relaxed compared to the busier, noisier feel of the Contemporary. Both are great resorts, though. You won't go wrong. I would definitely pick August over July, though.

iheartdisney
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
The fact that it's your dream resort is enough for me to make the switch. The weather is about the same - hot. But the crowds are a little less... and the hours for the parks are not usually reduced too much during August to accomodate the slightly smaller crowds.

I say August is your best bet.

DisneyWhirled
02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Follow your dreams!!!!

Same weather in Aug and the crowds are not that bad. We are headed there 8/14-8/24.

Have fun!!

masondoggy
03-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I just changed our reservation to the GF!!! I'm so excited!!! :joy:

I was able to keep our original dates in July. August would've been nice but I remembered that the kids have to be home for football/chearleading practic that month. Plus, that' s more time to wait, lol.....

:D:D:D :mickey: