PDA

View Full Version : summer dates---suggestions?

Snow's Mom
02-28-2009, 10:55 AM
My husband and I are teachers and the only time we can go is in the summer. We don't get a spring break and Christmas vacation ususally starts the 23rd. It would probably only be safe to book between June 1st and Aug. 10th.

We managed a week in early December once, but I was part-time and worked around it. My husband lucked out and added snow days to his personal days so he didn't have to take unpaid leave. We can't afford to add lost days to the cost.

When would you suggest we go, or doesn't it make much difference in the summer time? We really enjoyed the free dining promotion.

Unique1
02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
When you find out let me know.:)

We will be traveling to Disney in July and have never been in the summer.

If I had to choose NY over Florida in July I would rather be in Disney, even if it is hot.

Unique 1

thumperbug
02-28-2009, 12:06 PM
since the buy 4 get 3 free promotion is for travel dates thru August 15, I would not look for free dining promos to come out during that time. If they do offer it, it would be for travel after Aug 15.

As for choosing dates...if you can go the first week of June, go with that but keep in mind that the further into the month you get, the more crowded it will be as local schools will be out for the year plus there will be many Grad nights with limited evening hours at Magic Kingdom.

If first week of June is no good then go as close to the end of August as you can.

Again, florida schools go back earlier then the other parts of the country so even though the weather will be hot, the parks will be less crowded. June 1-Aug 8 will will summer pricing and then pricing goe down to Value as of Aug 9.

You can send me a Private messg for more info if you want

Snow's Mom
02-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Sounds like we're stuck with summer pricing. We'd have to be back by the 10th, not just leaving. School starts earlier every year.

Maybe June 2010. Too many snow days this year---we're already into June and we still have to get through March snowstorms.

Thanks for your help!

the other micki
02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I'd go the first week in June. Grad nites are in April, so that won't be a problem. Gay Days may be going on during that week, but you can avoid those crowds by finding out which park they'll be at on which day.