PDA

View Full Version : What happens If a resort closes?

PetefromRI
02-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm just curious because I had heard rumors a few months ago that they may temporarily close a resort because of the downturn in the economy.Back after 9/11 they closed the POFQ because of this.Where did they send people who had existing reservations.I would hope for an upgrade because of the inconvenience.We are staying at the POFQ in May and I'd hate to be sent to another resort unless of course it was an upgrade.We had friends who went in Feb.for 4 nights at the POR and were upgraded to the BC because they overbooked.I'd love to get that deal.

ibrowse17
02-28-2009, 10:19 AM
As with everthing, I would assume that Disney would have a plan should such a thing happen. The last time I checked, they were still offering nights at all of the resorts, so I do not think it would happen anytime soon. If they did close a resort, it would be because they had plenty of open rooms. This would mean they would have no problems finding you a place. I really hope this does not happen, as the one they close would be someone's fav:(

dfamasb
02-28-2009, 10:47 AM
All I can say is after being in the crowds a few weeks ago, I don't think there's any chance of that happening!

thumperbug
02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I have heard nothing about temp closing any resort. There isn't even any wording in their policies about what would occur should they close a resort so don't worry about it.

Hakuna Matata

Beast_fanatic
02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
It was sort of a mixed bag when they closed POFQ. Some people did get upgrades, and others were moved to POR (which is what happened to us) or to Caribbean Beach.

TammiMcMan
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
There isn't even any wording in their policies about what would occur should they close a resort so don't worry about it. There is some legal jargon on the confirmations that does cover them for unforseen circumstances. They don't spell out each specific one, but basically, they don't have to give you the exact resort room you book. In cases where a guest is asked to move, it is either to a comparable resort or an upgrade.

I know more recently in slower times, they've closed off buildings at the resorts, but not the entire resort itself.

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-01-2009, 02:54 PM
It was sort of a mixed bag when they closed POFQ. Some people did get upgrades, and others were moved to POR (which is what happened to us) or to Caribbean Beach.

We were involved in the POFQ closing as well.
Got an offer too good to pass up to upgrade to POLY and AKL. We had no expectation of being upgraded to a Deluxe for free and were more than happy to pay a few extra $$ (very few). :thumbsup: