PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue

terri110874
02-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Has any one use this airline? I decided in late Dec to book with them on an upcoming trip to WDW. I booked the earliest flight out. Now I am confused. I recieved an email from them stating they had to change my flight to one late in the day arriving after 7 pm. I called and they said that they had changed there schedule they would not offer that early flight ( arriving in MCO at 1125 am) I explained that it was not acceptable to be on a late flight. She did offer a flight leaving at 930 am. However, each person would have to sit seperately. I can not do this with my son. He has alot of social issues (long story) and can not be seperated from one of us. She did offer us if I wanted to pay an extra 20 bucks per person (extra leg room seats) three seats together. Mind you this first flight I paid 129 per person and at time of booking this flight was 99 per person. I explained that I printed the list of flights that day and it shows the lower price for that time could she just upgrade. In theory I would be paying for extra leg room. She said no. I ask for a manager she said hold on 15 min later she came on and said that we could have the 1st row that is for handicap at no extra charge and not refund. I said fine and asked if I cancell would I get my money back and she said yes. Sorry I had to rant very mad :mad: Now I have to see if I can rebook Cindy since I will not make in time with this change

Is Jet blue always like this? For the 1st time using this company I am not very impressed. Some one convince me that this was random and I should not start the hunt for better fares else where.

DizneyRox
02-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Airlines do this... I fly Southwest and have never had an issue. I don't fly Delta because of similar issues. Honestly, I don't look at price anymore, I look at southwest.com...

Hallomagic
02-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry about your flight! That does stink. We usually only fly Jetblue. We have had our flight changed by them before but usually only 1 hour difference in time not almost a hole day! :(
I wonder if the flights are not getting fully booked due to the ecomony and they are cancelling some of them?

Ed
02-27-2009, 07:38 AM
That kind of thing has become very commonplace throughout the airline industry. Many airlines are juggling schedules on an almost daily basis in order to keep their planes as full as possible; an empty seat or a plane sitting on the ground is not making any $$$.

I agree with DisneyRox - - I fly SWA almost 100% of the time, and have never had a problem that was not weather-related.

Ian
02-27-2009, 07:54 AM
I agree with DisneyRox - - I fly SWA almost 100% of the time, and have never had a problem that was not weather-related.Same here. I would never not fly SWA unless there was some oddball circumstance that dictated it.

FWIW, I have read the exact same complaints about Jet Blue from others on this same board. In fact, search for "Jet Blue" and I bet you pull up at least 2 or 3 other posts with the same complaint.

BMan62
02-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the world of 'bait-and-switch' 'fly-by-night' (pardon the pun) airlines.

Another vote here for using Southwest exclusively. Never had a concern over flights being switched.

Kerry823
02-27-2009, 08:20 AM
We have flown Jet Blue several times without an issue. However, I booked a trip for late March to West Palm Beach and recently got the email and a phone call that my flight had been switched. I am leaving Syracuse at the same time but get to layover in NYC for 2 extra hours (which was exactly what I wanted to avoid). It gets me into West Palm that much later. I know it is annoying especially when a trip will be a short one and every minute is precious! They also offered me a different flight when I asked but the entire travel time was actually longer because of layovers so I am sticking with my original.

terri110874
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Just got an email to a letter I sent to Jet blue. They are giving a 25 credit and I am sorry letter. At least they read the letter of disappointment.

Hull-onian
02-27-2009, 09:21 AM
We have flown Jet Blue several times and never had an issue with them. I am sorry that they couldn't exactly accomodate you. I felt very lucky to get four seats right across from each other. We are going to Disney in 65 days. However coming home is a different story, we are leaving real late in the day and we could not get an earlier flight. We will deal with it okay. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.:mickey:

RocknBev
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Although I have never flown JetBlue...I am very jealous of anyone who CAN fly Southwest. I would have to drive to Birmingham to do so.

c&d
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
I would suggest you arrive earlier than you wanted for your flight and have them reassign your seats at the airport. They've split up our family and when I said one is a 10 year old boy they switched seats so one of us was sitting next to him.

Dsnygirl
02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
We also usually fly JB out of Syracuse, and had a similar problem w/ my January flight. My flight out was changed from a non-stop 7am flight to a layover 6am flight, and my flight home was changed from a 7pm departure to a 1pm departure!!

I called & complained, and they changed me to a non-stop flight the night before w/o charging me for it, as they had changed one of the legs by over 2hrs.

I would call back and explain the issue w/ your son and having to sit together, or see if they would change you to a better flight time -- they ought to w/o a fee, if your flight change was more than a 2hr. change.

I found them to be very helpful -- if you don't get anywhere w/ the first person, go through a manager again, and good luck!!

TinkerbellT421
02-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I have never had the experience of flying anything other than Southwest (Thank god!) I have heard more and more complaints about every airline except southwest. And not to mention Southwest is the only airline not charging for your first checked bag. We have never had any problems on any or during any of our flights. AT ALL. I am sorry you had this kind of experience with Jet Blue, I know I would be absolutely LIVID and would demand my money back and go to another airline AND I would never fly Jet Blue again. Thats just unexceptable IMHO.

Woozle
02-27-2009, 12:47 PM
That really is horrible. We flew on American out from CA 3 years ago and had no problems with them. We are flying SWA only because it was the cheapest.

101 days to go!!!! :mickey:

tracibell
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Southwest is not an option for us up in Maine. We flew Airtran last June. My flight changed three times before my trip. At one point I had two long layovers, which was unacceptable, so I called them to sort things out.

This year we are flying Jetblue for our trip in May. They were the only airline offering a nonstop flight and the prices were very reasonable. My flight has only changed once so far and it wasn't a change that I minded (I'm leaving an hour earlier). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things remain happy. :mickey:

I hope everything works out well for your family. Have a wonderful vacation! :D

chrisie703
02-27-2009, 05:26 PM
They changed our flight a few years ago. I called up and said that it was not acceptable, and they canceled my reservation and gave me a full refund. Then I rebooked with them for a different flight, at a lower price. :thumbsup:That is a chance you take when booking early.:( Hope it all works out.

thumperbug
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I've only flown Jetblue twice. On one flight they changed the time to 20 minutes later then original but other then that the flights were fine.

I fly SW 98% of the time. I have a small airport 20 mins from home and SW is pretty much the only airline there so we get there quick, thru security quick and on the plane quick.

I have to medical pre board and when I flew on my most recent trip, the woman at the gate let both my DH and DS pre board with me even though they had "A" boarding passes. I thought that was great.

Coming back, I again needed to medical pre board. The flight was over booked so I just took my DS on with me for pre board and saved a seat for my hubby who again had an "A" pass.

When I did the medical pre board they were nice and asked if I need any assistance. In the past I have had people at the gate give me weird looks when I tell them I need medical pre board. They think I am trying to scam them to get on the plane early. They jump to this conclusion because I travel with a child who has to check his stroller and I look about 20 years younger then my actual age. But this time I gave them my medic alert card when I asked for medical pre board and had no problems.

I have had flights on SW that left late due to weather and they didn't charge me for drinks.

On our flight home last saturday..somewhere between bag check in and the plane, the airline bag ticket had gotton ripped off one of our bags. Thanks to a great job by SW..they looked up our name on our tag, found our flight info and put a RUSH tag on i to make sure it got on our plane.

We didn't even know that this had happened until we got home.

Go SW..you rock!!!