PDA

View Full Version : Ash wednesday

Stitchahula
02-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Ok some of you might think I'm gonna talk about church. Well in a way I am. We went to church yesterday for ashes (me, my ds age 5 and ds age 19 months). We are sitting there when all of a sudden my baby tips his head back and does his VERY BEST wolf howl. Well he just kept on howling and I was having a hard time stopping him because I was laughing at him. I am so thankful that our priest has such a good sense of humor, he just kind of giggled and kept right on talking. All the other people around us thought he was just adorable. I think my face was red for at least an hour after. We had quite a few people staring at us. I can't wait to take him to wolves hollow to howl with real wolves.:D

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I love watching the kids in church!

I always assume when they do somthing silly like your DS, it is a good thing, shows that they are comfortable there! :mickey:

afowl1017
02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Too cute! I totally get this...my son when he was about that age did nearly the same kind of thing, but we were on a historical tour in huge open tundra and he realized there was an echo. He just had to hear is own beautiful noise echo,echo,echo...very loudly. LOL :blush:

Sounds like you have a great church!

NotaGeek
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
OK, that is hysterical. I makes me want to howl right NOW!

Stitchahula
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
It really is cute. He's open the drapes in the living room look at the moon and let loose. It usually get his big brother and me going. Then when the dog gets into the act my DH thinks we are all nuts.:D

jillluvsdisney
02-26-2009, 06:49 PM
My mother told me I was very, ahem, spirited in church when I was young tot. I think it embarrassed my older sister to death. My mother said the priest told her that if God wanted me to be quiet, I would have been.:blush:

garymacd
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Things have changed so much since I was a kid. If that had happened when I was young, (and it probably did - I was such a bad kid) there would have been a lot of scowls and tsk-ing and shaking of heads, and, maybe even talk of an exorcism! :rotfl:

Things do change, and sometimes for the better.

Nascfan
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Aaawooooooooooo!

:D