PDA

View Full Version : Sea World?

minnie-mouse
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Would this be appropriate for girls ages 4-7? Would there be a lot for them to do? Also, is this park a lot of walking? We will be taking the grandparents with us and don't want them to have to walk too much.

afowl1017
02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Well, My family loves Sea World. DSs of 8 and 3 both love it. There is a small kid center where there are plenty of rides with a centralized structure where Grandparents can sit in the shade while kids run off some energy and have fun. There are lots of shows to entertain everyone in the family. And as far as the walking, I don't think it is as much as the WDW parks, but there are plenty of benches and shade to sit and relax if you need.(Just a tip: arrive early at the stadiums to get seats for performances!)

disneyboundagain
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
We hit Sea World every year with our kids. When we went this past Dec DS was 2 and DD was 5. They absolutely LOVE it. There are several rides near the play area that are great for kids that age. Due to the economy we will be taking a shorter trip this year, and there was no question that we would skip Universal, but still spend a day at Sea World.

Sylvia
02-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Sea World is a great place to visit. Besides the attractions that have already been mentioned, I have a few more suggestions.

Pick up a Sea World map when you enter the park. The map includes times for all the shows, as well as hours for the various animal exhibits, so you can plan your day. Information about food locations is also included on the map. If you have any questions or need directions, Sea World Crew Members are very helpful.

One of Sea World's indoor shows, "Pets Ahoy", is a show with various animals (cats, dogs, birds, etc.) which were shelter animals. This is a fun show for kids of all ages. Typically, after the show is over, the audience is invited to come to the stage to meet one of the dogs in the show.

Look for Sea World's characters, including Shamu and O. P. Otter - great photo ops.

Have a Shamu bar - same as WDW's Mickey bar, only in the shape of Shamu.

Don't miss the Clydesdales at Clydesdale Hamlet. Where else can you see Shamu the Killer Whale and a Clydesdale in the same place?

There are street performers in the Seaport Village area. There are also opportunities to feed dolphins and sea lions/seals.

There are benches everywhere and you won't encounter long lines at Sea World attractions.

If you think the grandparents might be interested in using wheelchairs, they're available for rent at Sea World.

Have a great time.

minnie-mouse
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you so much everyone for all the great tips. My girls love animals, so I think this will be a can't miss adventure for them.

baby minnie's mommy
03-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Ages 4-7 should be a wonderful time for Sea World! You'll be glad you went. :)

They have a lot of animal shows, so maybe it'll give the grandparents opportunity to relax.

I love the show with the sea lions in it! Last time I was there they changed the show in the evening schedule to one that pokes fun at the Sea World attractions. It was hilarious!

minnie-mouse
03-19-2009, 01:21 PM
What are the show times like? If we went when it opened at 9 or 10 and stayed til like 2pm would we be able to catch a lot of shows? What shows would you highly recommend for the little kids (ages 4-7)? I am definitely thinking the sea lion show, shamu and the pets ahoy one, from what I have read on the SW website. Any suggestions?

ThanxForNoticin
03-19-2009, 08:01 PM
What are the show times like? If we went when it opened at 9 or 10 and stayed til like 2pm would we be able to catch a lot of shows? What shows would you highly recommend for the little kids (ages 4-7)? I am definitely thinking the sea lion show, shamu and the pets ahoy one, from what I have read on the SW website. Any suggestions?

Depending on the day of the week, the shows can be spread out a bit. I think they have 3 main outdoor shows - dolphins, Shamu (killer whales), and sea lions. They also have the pet show. If you are there between 10 and 2, you might be able to catch 2 of them. We really enjoy all the shows, and all shows are great for kids. Outside of the shows, there are many attractions to go through, like the penquins, sharks, etc. They also have 3 main areas where you can feed the animals - one for dolphins, one for sea lions, and one for rays. They also have 3 'rides' at the park, which might be something for you to skip. They have a coaster, a water ride, and their 'Wild Arctic Adventure'. Of those, I'd recommend you check out the Arctic ride - it leads to an area where they have polar bears, whales, and a walrus.

We really enjoy Sea World a lot. If possible, I'd say allow more time to enjoy it. I will also tell you that it can be a lot of walking. Some of the arenas where they have shows are a good distance. Hope you have a great time!

minnie-mouse
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you so much for the helpful tips.