PDA

View Full Version : Holy ADR Adventure!

Toad_Passenger
02-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Well I just thought that I'd add that we had quite an adventure getting our ADR's for our trip in May. We called exactly on the first day we were allowed to make ADR's and they were pretty much booked solid for ALL dinners during our week there. Pretty much we're doing "big" lunches the whole week.

It's kind of disappointing, seeing as we've never had to "adjust" our dining plans before. For all the news reports about doom and gloom with the economy, apparently WDW is still going to be packed when we're there, or something was screwy with their system.

This will be our first trip that we won't be eating at Sci-Fi. :(

Hopefully everyone else has better luck than we did. I guess WDW lunches are still okay, but my DW and I love our nice, evening dinners.

justice11
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
i was on the phone for 53 minutes yesterday making our ressies for only 4 days we r going to be at the wprlds, after making one ressie with 4 tables, the lady kind of kept wanting me to do them all with 17 people. i did not want to do that because we are going to have to have {a lot} of high chairs. she just was very pushy, i thought of hanging up but i had already burnt a lot minutes on my phone. she kept repeating all the rules and i said "i know i have been there before". oh well. we really thought after being together everyday maybe we would not want to sit together with everybody for dinner and i had to take 4:30 for supper each night. i am like you i thought this was a bad economy, we have had ours planned for over a year that is why we r going.:confused:

Yvette
02-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, what days are you going? I called last night for 5/25-6/2 and had no problem getting everything I wanted which included:

Breakfast with Cindy
Dinner with Cindy
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boma
Rose and Crown
California Grill
Tokyo Dining

I'm sorry...keep calling, something may open up. I spoke with a Marecella who was wonderful.

SBETigg
02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm really surprised that you had trouble getting what you wanted on the first day that you could. Did they try to adjust times for you or look around a bit? I would call back and try again. That seems really odd to me. Best wishes with it.

medic9016
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I think you should call back also. I called a few days ago for our May trip, got all the ADR we wanted give or take 30 min of the times I requested.

laprana
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm really surprised that you had trouble getting what you wanted on the first day that you could. Did they try to adjust times for you or look around a bit? I would call back and try again. That seems really odd to me. Best wishes with it.

I agree! Try calling back to see if you can get what you want. I know when I made ADRs this past Monday for our May 24-June 4 trip, they were having A LOT of trouble with the new computer system they have just started using. I was on the phone for almost an hour, and most of that time was spent on hold while they tried to work out computer problems and issues. But, on the positive side, I was able to get all the ADRs we wanted for the times we wanted. It can't hurt to try again to see if you can get what you want! It very well could have been a computer issue! Good luck!! :mickey:

Toad_Passenger
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Some of the places we had already planned on doing lunch there, so we could get our ADR's within a 30-minute window.

Every dinner we attempted, though, was booked solid. Unless we wanted to make our DD wait until 8:00pm or later, which we didn't want to do.

I'm going to call back as we get closer because of cancellations, and such, but it was just such a surprise, after all these years, for things to be this difficult!

crltkcagle
02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I agree something is up with this ADR system! I am currently on hold with them right now for the 7th time!!!! I have been on this call for 43 minutes now and have only booked four reservations. Apparently the cm doing my res. is having problems with her computer and has to keep putting me on hold and getting someone else to fix her pc!!! I am so aggravated right now. I don't have time to sit here all day on the phone because this lady's computer is not working. I am getting all the resturaunts I want but its taking ten years because of her computer. I am ready to call and complain.
UGH she just told me she is going to have to call me back when she gets her computer fixed. I told her no send me to someonelse!!!!! I am so irate right now! I am back in the disney waiting que now. GRRRRRR

LorrieP
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
My day to call is Friday, March 13. I'm really glad I took the day off from work, but I hope they have this all cleared up by then.

Thanks for the heads up!!

#1donaldfan
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I hope that does't happen to us when we're doing our ADR's ......:mickey:

beksy
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised that you had problems. When I called for our May trip, I was able to get everything we wanted around 5:00 - 6:00. There were no problems. I just had to move one meal 20 minutes but the others were within 10 minutes of what I wanted. Good luck and keep trying! :mickey:

DisneyGlutton
02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm surprised that you had problems. When I called for our May trip, I was able to get everything we wanted around 5:00 - 6:00. There were no problems.

:ditto:

I had no problems at all when I booked my ADRs for the first week of May. Though I used Magical Journeys...

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2009, 02:23 PM
:confused:Are you sure they were making them for the right day? :blush:

I called on the first day of my 90+10 window and was having trouble getting some of the ADR's I want. Well, after a bit of back and forth I realized that the CM was trying to make them for the dates in Februrary, not MAY like I wanted! Geesh! :confused:

mom2morgan
02-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Just wondering - if you book with Magical Journeys, do they do the ADR's for you? I used a company last time - a different one - and the agent did the ADR's and got everything I wanted at very close to the times I asked for.
Meanwhile...I have a friend who is going for Spring Break. She asked me a month ago where she should eat. I said BOOK NOW!!! Guess what? She just asked me again YESTERDAY where I think she should eat....:shake:

TwinsMom-1st Timer
02-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Yesterday, I called at 7:20 ET and I was on the phone for 57 minutes for my ADR's after May 25. Something about a new system being installed and only some of the CM's have it loaded on their computers. It was not good. After I finally got someone on the phone, she had to put me on hold twice to help someone else. I'm hoping yesterday was just a bad day and not indicative of the rest of my WDW experience!