PDA

View Full Version : DDP and those staying in concierge level or have stayed

javamama
02-26-2009, 12:22 AM
so my question is do you use the dining plan? Last year we did since it was our first year staying on the concierge level, and we had an idea, but didn't know for sure what they offered food wise(since we had 2 toddlers) plus my sister had to make sure her dh had b/f in the castle last year so that itself made the ddp worth it when your talking about 8 adults. Now this year I'm debating heavily on what to do:confused: I get no help at all from my family my dh says use the DDP, my parents don't care either way, my sisters are on the fence. So I need help, thanks:mickey:

jonahbear2006
02-26-2009, 12:34 AM
If i were a paying DDP customer, I wouldnt do both, I would pick one. We stayed Concierge last sept but dining plan was free. They offer enough options that you can eat breakfast in there happily, grab a snack before naptime, and have dinner in there, then when you get back at night get lots of delicate little tiny desserts. If you have toddlers they even give you chocolate milks to keep in your fridge. That right there is enough food for us, with being in the sun all day. We were upgraded for free but I would not have done both cause it was just toooo much. We never got to have dinner in Concierge, we were blowing up with food.

DizneyRox
02-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Personally I would be hard pressed to spend that much time and be able to fill myself up in the concierge lounge. At least not at AKL.

Breakfast, sure, but chances then I'm off the rest of the day. I still need to eat elsewhere.

In the summer you really probably don't eat all that much but drink a lot more than usual. In the winter, it's cooler, shorter park hours, etc so maybe...

I would never consider concierge a replacement for DDP. I also don't think the DDP is a good value either though...

cmshelton1979
02-26-2009, 09:00 AM
I did both back in August. We had the deluxe dining plan. We ate breakfast every morning at the Wilderness Lodge, they always had great food and it was already paid for and I didn't have to use any of my dining credits for it.

This year we are going to the POP and will have the Deluxe again, but we will end up having to "pay" for breakfast. DW and I will really miss the free breakfasts.

If we had the money and were not taking 3 trips in a year, we'd probably be doing the concierge level again, not only was it great to have the food....the service was A-1 too

bouncer
02-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Since you are staying at Poly club we can compare food offerings. I have never purchased the DDP. We pay OOP if we do any meals outside of the lounge and usually don't do too many ADRs. We usually have a couple of ADRs to try a new restaurant but for the most part we go to the lounge. I may be wrong but I don't see the value in the DDP to pay for just a few ADRs. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

tinksmom02
02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't have any experience with this--yet--but we booked Poly concierge in Sept and we're getting the DDP as well. We generally like to have one sit down meal a day, and DH usually likes a CS breakfast or an early lunch each day, so...I suspect we'll be eating a LOT this trip LOL but I'm really anticipating using the lounge for quick breakfasts and lots of snacks, plus drinks (soda, coffee, water).

If you're not really planning on too many sit-downs, the DDP might not be worth it for you.