PDA

View Full Version : The Two Tara’s trip to the World! Final Thoughts!

TBY2225
02-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Final thoughts

Going with a friend was a blast and a whole new way to enjoy Disney World! It was nice to be able to go without having to worry about the kids or husbands. We have so much in common that we had the same ideas of what we wanted to see and do.

I really liked staying at POR. It was my first time staying at a moderate and I really enjoyed the difference from a value. It wasn’t near as crazy in the food court, it was much more spaced out, and I loved the beautiful scenery and the quietness of the resort. I would highly recommend staying there!

The weather was nice, especially during the day, it did get a little cold the first night, but, it was so much better than the heat of late summer! The crowd level was low, and, although they were having a cheer competition in DHS, we didn’t really notice that having an effect on the parks.

The bus system at POR seemed to work really well. We usually got lucky and waited only minutes to get a bus. We liked that our room was close to a bus stop and that our stop was the first one on the return trips from the parks.

I loved seeing Bob Jackson it was one of the highlights of my trip!

It was the first trip for me paying for the dining plan; my family usually gets it only during free dining in September. I definitely think it was worth the money. I truly enjoyed the meals, not just for the food, but for the total experience of the restaurants.

I am so glad we took it easy on Saturday, not just to get ready for the 4 parks on Sunday, but because I really enjoyed seeing parts of Disney that didn’t involve the parks.

Sunday was awesome! Because of very low crowds we were able to do all 4 parks, 1 TS, the GF afternoon tea and 1 CS meal. We also got in a quick return trip to the resort to freshen up and got in a grand total of 14 rides and most of them were headliners! When you figure in all the travel time between the 4 parks and 2 resorts, I think we had a very productive day!

Thanks for reading everyone! Hope you enjoy!

Tara Y

SBETigg
02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for sharing! I had fun reading about your trip.

RedSoxFan
02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
I enjoyed reading your trip reports. Sounds like you and Tara had a great time. My sister and I keep talking about just a girls' trip; maybe someday we will.:mickey:

youngOx96
02-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Good job. I can't wait for our next trip together...oh wait, I've got one coming up in a few weeks.:mickey:

McGoofy
02-26-2009, 07:30 AM
So ladies weekend is definitely worth repeating. I think we need to make this an annual trip.:mickey:

Thanks to Young Ox (Tara Y's DH) and also thanks to my DH for taking care of the kiddos while we went to WDW.

McGoofy
02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Oh yeah...and I forgot to mention...I must have looked like I was having lots of fun. DH and DS want to mimic my trip when we go as a family in May! After DH and DS saw my pics, they wanted to eat at all of the same TS restaurants when we go in May, as well as use the snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co. Plus DS wants to see DHS park opening. He also wants to do the 4 park challenge in one day, but I told him that will most likely not be happening at that time of year! We'll have 6 days at that time, and we can spread the fun out!:mickey:

My FINAL thought: Ladies weekend at WDW rocked!!!!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
02-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the reports.

mouseketeer mom
02-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Great reports! Thanks girls!

yourmagicalguide
02-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Great reports :D Thank you for sharing your experience :mickey:

DizNee143
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
thank you for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it! :mickey:

pdrlkr
02-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
03-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Great fun! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Bethis26fan
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like it was a blast.

DixieBelle
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :thumbsup::mickey:

dtootsie42
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

vizsla
03-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip. It sounds like you both had a great time.

sleepingbooty
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
What a fun time! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading it:thumbsup: