PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use priceline for hotel?

scootch713
02-25-2009, 09:43 AM
I need one night near Cape Canaveral. Am considering using priceline. I know I can't cancel, but was going to put in low and if it gets rejected, not a big deal..... any thoughts?? tks

Strmchsr
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
I use them every time I go somewhere. Never had any problems. As you said you can't cancel once it's booked, but you can sometimes get really good deals.

scootch713
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks... we probably won't check it till 9 or 10 pm, so i just need a place to sleep... figured if I went with the at least 2 1/2 stars, should be ok.. tks.

Tink#64
02-25-2009, 11:43 PM
We used Priceline last year to book a place when we went to WDW over Spring Break! We had no problems & got a great deal! I can't tell you much of the details because it's one of the few things DH has ever done in planning one of our vacations! :blush: We had decided at the last minute to go to WDW & we couldn't get anywhere on property for the first few days! :ack: But we got such a great price on the hotel he found, & so close to WDW that I :blush: actually asked him if we should just stay there for the entire trip! :blush: Luckily he said no! I do feel like the magic is all around you when you stay on property!

But all in all I would definitely use Priceline Again!:thumbsup:

I'm not sure if the hotels are still same name/owner, but we visited Cocoa Beach about 4 years ago immediately after WDW & we stayed 3 nights in the DoubleTree Hotel, it was a Hilton property. It was great! I think it was the most luxurious bedding I've ever slept on! Nice grounds & nice pool area! We were very close to Cape Canaveral, we drove there one evening! Not sure what you are looking for, just thought I'd throw that info out there! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

scootch713
02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks. I am just looking for a place to spend the night before the cruise. I probably won't even get to the hotel before 9pm.... and then will drop the rental car off at Budget around 10am.... so need somewhere clean and safe.

Mammabruski
02-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I use priceline anytime our family needs to stay overnight in Denver (we live about 3 hours away in the mountains). I always go for a 4-star hotel and usually get my price around $70-a night. Now that could just be the Denver area, I'm not sure if Florida will be any different. I have found with priceline to bid low, really low. If your price isn't accepted and you don't want to go to a different area or a lower star rating you can just wait a day and bid again. I usually up my bid by $5. Another thing I'd like to point out, is with priceline the hotel cannot guarantee 2 queens or one king, you basically get what they have left over. Good luck, I've been very fortunate with priceline, hope you are too!