PDA

View Full Version : Organic Milk?

minnie-mouse
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Has anyone tried organic milk over regular milk? I have heard it is much better for you healthwise, but am worried the kids won't like it. Does it taste any different? My kids drink a lot of milk and I don't want to turn them off from it.

MMFreak
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
I have had organic milk and to me there was absolutly no difference as far as taste goes. I gave it to my 13 year old son for the first time in his breakfast and he did not even notice. But to be on the safe side you may want to purchase the smallest contianer and test for yourself.

:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
We've been drinking organic milk for a while now. No difference in taste, but I've definitely noticed the organic doesn't bother my son's allergies like a lot of "regular" milk did.

Disney Doll
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
We've been drinking organic milk for a while now too and I don't think there's a difference in taste. I know sometimes kids are picky so you'll probably just have to give it a trial run.

Mammabruski
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
We only drink organic milk and we love it. No taste difference that we notice. Another plus is it seems the use by date is always later than non organic milk!

Marceline
02-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Organic milk will not turn your kids off to milk. If anything it tastes better.

I am kinda sad that nowadays we consider "regular" milk to be the kind that is loaded with pesticides, fertilizers and antibiotics.

Organic doesn't mean something special has been done to the milk to modify it, it means less was done. The cows that produced it were not raised on feed that was coated in chemicals and hormones. Typically the grass and grain that fed the milk cows was grown with just sunshine and rain. Once upon a time that WAS "regular" milk. :(

LauraleeH
02-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I've never had plain organic milk but I've had organic pumpkin milk...delish! And organic chocolate milk is also great!

gueli
02-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Our dd prefers organic milk.
to me, it does taste better- not as watery.
But it is just my humble opinion.
:mickey:

Dragongirlx
02-25-2009, 03:32 AM
We buy organic milk and we like it better than regular especially as it does not seem to go off as quickly as regular milk and tastes just the same

mjaclyn
02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
We switched to Organic milk awhile ago and we love it! I usually buy Organic Valley whole milk and it doesn't taste any different than regular milk.

January-2007
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
DH says organic milk tastes better than regular milk. We try to buy it as much as we can afford.

AZ Disney
02-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Just wanted to make a comment on the expiration date difference on organic milk. Some organic milk is ultra pasteurized so you'll have a HUGE window before it expires. My current unopened milk doesn't expire until the end of March. With that said, once the container is opened it's your typical week timeframe that it should be consumed. Not all organic is ultra pasteurized such as Trader Joe's. I buy the 3pack (1/2 gallon containers) at Costco for about 7.99. So much better for the kids.

IamBelle
02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I have drank organic chocolate milk a few times and I have tasted no difference at all. It is delicious and healthier.

HollyB
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
We like the organic better than the regular--but that may have more to do with the glass bottles it comes in (versus plastic).

tinktude
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
We try to buy Oberweis milk when we can, they don't give their cows hormones. It is bottles in glass bottles and I think that it tastes so much better than the regular milk you buy at the store.

Dznygrl79
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I find no taste difference. I started drinking it after I had to take a serve safe food course and found out more about my local farms than I wanted to know....
Its also better for younger kids because when you get all the growth hormones early is when they have a chance to effect you most.

Also most stores have it readily available in the dairy of ultra pastuerized version.