PDA

View Full Version : What's the food court like at POFQ?

Gregandmel
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I was curious what the food court options were like at POFQ. We stayed at WL and our next trip we may end up at POFQ so was curious. Thanks!!

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
I find the food court at POFQ to be better for us than the one at the WL, more choice and less crowded.

brownie
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I think the food courts get bigger as you go from deluxe to moderate to value.

We weren't that impressed with the food court at Port Orleans French Quarter when we stayed there (it's been over 7 years now, though.) I thought Port Orleans Riverside's food court was better, although I think All-Star Movies has the best food court of the resorts we've stayed at.

Briansmom
02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Welllll......you have to try the beignets!! You get like 6 for one snack credit! Yummy!

We stayed there last May and the food was pretty decent....I mean it's not like top notch but it was good. We didnt have any problem eating anything that we ordered and it was never really very crowded.
I believe there was an italian window (for sure cuz we got pizza one nite), a hamburger chicken tender kind of stuff window, a sandwich/salad window, and a dessert window, plenty of juices....I think those choices are correct.... I surely hope my memory isn't failing me!
We did eat at Boatwright's at POR for dinner one nite and it was good. We didn't go to the food court at POR though.

sisterdisco
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
WL--stayed there in 07
POFQ--stayed there in 08

WL I thought was nicer and had better/fancier selections. IE; the signature beef sandwich and the make your own yogurt.

POFQ--service was horrible----felt like it was a bunch of fried fast food.

Now if you compare what you can get at the food courts vs. some counter service restaurants, there is no comparison----go to Wolfgang Puck Express instead!

wdwnomad
02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
The beignets make it so worth it!

LarryBoy
02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
One word: beignets! :thumbsup: tres bien

Also it's a very nice food court. Not as big as the other moderates, but POFQ is a much smaller resort than the other mods.

#1donaldfan
02-24-2009, 01:08 PM
FQ food court is very good....the beginets, and meatball subs are great.....

...we normally stay at the Riverside, but find our way over at least twice for the above !!:mickey:

eam
02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
The FQPO food court is quiet and peaceful, there are less choices than at the bigger resorts, but the quiet and beignets more than make up for fewer items.
Buy a bag of beignets for the boat ride to the Marketplace.
Take the boat to Riverside for a change of pace and larger selection of items.