PDA

View Full Version : December 2009

TiggerBite
02-23-2009, 02:21 PM
This will be our first time to visit in December 5-12, and I'm very excited...:santa:Christmas decorations, lights, snow.... Our DD is out of high school and will be in college (she is sooooo not happy about this :mad:); it is the perfect time to go. We are going with another couple who love the Mouse, and we have been planning this for the past 5 years. :thumbsup:

I have a couple questions if someone would be kind enough to answer:

1) What can I expect as far as lines/wait times?

2) I was told the PopWarner leagues are usually there around this time. Do their groups have a large impact on crowd size?

3) We are used to the awful heat, crazy crowds and lines in the summer. Besides the temperature, will I notice a difference going in December?

Any ideas of what to expect would be much appreciated. :wave:

Beast_fanatic
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
We were there last year from December 6th through 16th. The crowds were noticeably larger than on trips around the same dates in previous years. Wait times varied from walk-on (Pirates, for example) to 90+ minutes (Toy Story Mania). The Pop Warner groups do not have a large impact on the crowd sizes, but they do have some impact. In addition to temperature differences, the humidity will likely be a lot lower, and the park hours will likely be shorter. The parks are also decorated for Christmas, and there are a lot of special events for that.

DisneyPrincess21
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
This will be our first time to visit in December 5-12, and I'm very excited...:santa:Christmas decorations, lights, snow.... Our DD is out of high school and will be in college (she is sooooo not happy about this :mad:); it is the perfect time to go. We are going with another couple who love the Mouse, and we have been planning this for the past 5 years. :thumbsup:

I have a couple questions if someone would be kind enough to answer:

1) What can I expect as far as lines/wait times?

2) I was told the PopWarner leagues are usually there around this time. Do their groups have a large impact on crowd size?

3) We are used to the awful heat, crazy crowds and lines in the summer. Besides the temperature, will I notice a difference going in December?

Any ideas of what to expect would be much appreciated. :wave:

1. If you are out of the parks by the weekend before the week of Christmas (ex- be out of the parks by 12/18) you shouldn't have a problem with lines. The first two week of December are one of the "low times". So that is your best bet.
2. I have never been to Disney during the pop warner time, But i would imagine the most impact they have is mostly just on the resorts they stay at, Which i believe is usually the value resorts. If you are use to the crazy crowds in the summer then it might not even matter, since it is a low time anyway they might not make much of an impact if any. Compared to the crowds you are us to dealing with.
3.You will for sure notice a difference going in December, It's is wonderful. :cloud9: Everything is decorate in Christmas decorations with a Disney twist. And i personally love both Christmas and Disney so it's my favorite time to go. I went for the first time in 2007 during Christmas week. (12/25-12/29 this is the only time in December I would really strongly advise against going during) It was so packed you could barley walk down main street. We went back last year in December from 12/15-12/20 The crowds were fine, all week long and you didn't have a problem with wait times, Until the last night of our trip Friday night, At mk is was getting crazy. So as long as you are out of the parks before the weekend before Christmas week you will be fine. We have gone the last 2 December's and I highly suggest it. The only problem is you might not be able to go back at any other time of the year except for Christmastime from now on. :santa3:
I am already planning our vacation in December for this year, because it has become a tradition. It's the most wonderful time to be at Disney imo. Hope you have a great time!
:santa3: If you want any suggestions on holiday things to see and do, let me know and i will fill you in on the "must sees"

pinktweety
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I will be there from December 1-11 and I am sooo excited. My DH and I have never been at Christmas so we can't wait. :party: I think it will be great. Maybe we'll see you there.

Soul_Power
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
My boyfriend and I will be there from December 4-10. It is also our first time going during that time, and we're really excited!!

DisneyPrincess21
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I will be there from December 1-11 and I am sooo excited. My DH and I have never been at Christmas so we can't wait. :party: I think it will be great. Maybe we'll see you there.

My boyfriend and I will be there from December 4-10. It is also our first time going during that time, and we're really excited!!

I will be there from December 6-12th And Am SUPER EXCITED!!! This will be my third December at Disney. And trust me, If you have never been at Christmastime before you will absolutely love it!! I can't go back now unless it is during Christmastime. :santa3::santa::santa3:

TiggerBite
02-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies!

However, I AM SO EXCITED; I can't take it :joy: Yet, I am also sad. This will be the first time since our daughter was born that we will go to the world without her :cry:.

Okay...I'm over that and ready to go :D

jensantuit
02-24-2009, 10:34 AM
We will be there December 6 to the 12th and we are bringing my parents. It will be our first time going at Christmas, we can't wait to go. :santa3::deer:

DisneyPrincess21
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies!

However, I AM SO EXCITED; I can't take it :joy: Yet, I am also sad. This will be the first time since our daughter was born that we will go to the world without her :cry:.

Okay...I'm over that and ready to go :D

HAHA, :funny: Well you got over that quick! :funny: