PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island - Downtown Disney

steamboat willy
02-23-2009, 02:10 PM
OK, I've been out of touch way too long and hope to be planning our next Disney Adventure. Is Pleasure Island gone completely, no more Adventures Club, no more kongaloosh?
If so, is the entire area closed, gone, under construction or distruction? Just checking in with those that know. Thanks so much!:cool:

Seasonscraps
02-23-2009, 03:04 PM
You heard correctly...Pleasure Island is shut down - no more Adventurers Club, et all. Raglan Road is still there and the plan is to open other restaurants and shops down the line.

AmandaChan
02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Gah, don't remind me. PI is completely shut down. You can still walk through. No more 8 Trax :(:(:( :cry:

locutus
02-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Thats right--no more PI. Now we are stuck with nothing to do once the parks close ( and kids go to bed while grandparents watch them ) except for going to a resteraunt/bar. I remember when PI opened and I was a couple years away from being old enough to enter. Disney advertised it as the place to go for grownups after dark. Never thought it would close down. But with everything else--Disney's greed forced them to close.