PDA

View Full Version : Hard Time Getting Ressies!

JenniferS.
02-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Since I convinced my hubby last minute to go to WDW in May, I'm having somewhat of a hard time getting dining ressies. I got most of em, but getting Chef Mickey's and CRT is impossible. My kids always eat at the castle and they look forward to it. I have to call back today and try to tweak some ressies and see if we can find a day that has an opening. My hubby should've just agreed to go when I first brought it up. lol. Oh well, I'm sure things will work out.:D

lockedoutlogic
02-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Since I convinced my hubby last minute to go to WDW in May, I'm having somewhat of a hard time getting dining ressies. I got most of em, but getting Chef Mickey's and CRT is impossible. My kids always eat at the castle and they look forward to it. I have to call back today and try to tweak some ressies and see if we can find a day that has an opening. My hubby should've just agreed to go when I first brought it up. lol. Oh well, I'm sure things will work out.:D

You won't get the castle on 3 months notice....

here endeth the lesson. Don't be too disappointed if you don't....it's really one of the the....if not the...biggest ripoff in WDW....along with Bibbidi Bobbiti Boutique

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
It is so funny that "last minute" is still a couple of months out!

I remember our first trip, when I didn't know anything, including that you had to book the castle crazy early! My DD was disappointed, but we still had a great time :)

Keep calling, when the 45-day payment window comes up for your trip, I'm sure some people will realize that they just don't have the $$ for the trip :( and cancel.

Otherwise, have you thought about Norway, it is a castle too, with Princess! :princess:

tink179
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't tell someone that it's impossible to get the castle when someone posted that they were able to get CRT with a week notice for a 10:45 ressie. It's possible!!! As for CRT and BBB being a ripoff I totally disagree! We do CRT every trip and its way worth it!! Food is wonderful and the surroundings perfect. BBB was a first for my DD this last trip and it couldn't have been more magical. It was everything I had wish and hoped for for my daughter. She absolutely loved it, and my DS's always love the cool dude pkg. These are things I think should not be missed!

You won't get the castle on 3 months notice....

here endeth the lesson. Don't be too disappointed if you don't....it's really one of the the....if not the...biggest ripoff in WDW....along with Bibbidi Bobbiti Boutique[/QUOTE]

cheeky monkey
02-23-2009, 09:40 AM
We just got a CRT ressie with 6 weeks notice and it's for easter week. Don't give up hope.

I was ready to be fexible and got a dinner reservation for our very first night. I had originally wanted a lunch or breakfast but now I think the dinner will be perfect for our situation.

doodleboy
02-23-2009, 09:49 AM

By all means keep trying to get your resies! We have gotten into CRT on a walkup basis in the past. Unlikely, but still a chance someone doesn't show up. We are going in May as well and I was able to get Chef Mickey at 180 days out. This was one of a couple restaurants that they were still booking at 180 days while the system was being upgraded. I believe that CRT was another. This may explain your issues. I was able to get all the ressies I wanted at the 85-90 window without a problem. In fact I was shocked at how short my wait time was when I called in. Good luck and have a great trip.

I have to mention that we stopped going to CRT and started doing BBB in the afternoon and 1900 Park Fair for dinner and we are just as happy with it. The step sisters are a blast, and we feel the characters are not as rushed to move from table to table. I started getting this feeling at CRT the last couple of visits.

csdavis
02-23-2009, 10:02 AM
We have called before and gotten it at the 24 hour mark. If people are going to cancel they have to do it 24 hours ahead. This may be your last resort but it may work. Call first thing in the morning.

beksy
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
We were able to get CRT and Chef Mickey's at a month out so don't give up!