PDA

View Full Version : subtle treasures?

nabrahamsen
02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any subtle treasures, and small things they always looked for. Like, I love the Cinderella scenes depicted in the walkway inside the Cinderella's castle. I think the little details are a big part of what makes disney world so magical

EpcotChic23
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Mine is the music they play in the backround at all the parks. I love them all but FW in Epcot and Tomorrowland are my favorites.

ibrowse17
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I love hearing the boat horns early in the moring from my site at FW. A new one would be seeing Disney from the new toll road, Western Way. There is an overpass that offers a great view of the MK, SSE and just about everything else:thumbsup:

CzepielCrew
02-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I love watching Wishes and looking at the castle and taking in the Magic of Main Street. It gets to me every time.

Mousefan29
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Watching the water pageant and the fireworks from a hammock on the beach at the Poly.

Also, Dole Whips...if food counts.:mickey:

Mendelson
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I hate to share it and give anything away, but okay.... :secret:

When you enter MK, and are standing on Main Street, look straight ahead, and there's this castle there...really pretty. Kind of have to look for it, but we just love standing there and taking it in, laughing to ourselves at the oblivious people around us. ;)

Seriously...I kinda like finding hidden Mickeys on our own and then every trip we'll take a look just to make sure it's there - yep, there's "our" hidden Mickey. Sometimes it's fun to point these out to passersby, like the "hidden gorilla" as you enter AK. Spread the cheer!

Goofeygal
02-22-2009, 03:20 PM
We also are the Hidden Mickey searchers. It is alot of fun to find them.:mickey:

Giggy
02-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Two of the sounds from Magic Kingdom rides, don't really count as subtle but things I've always liked:

1. When walking through mainstreet: "Your attention please the Walt Disney World Railroad now boarding for a scenic trip around the Magic kingdom......ALL ABOARD!" At regular intervals when the trains are waiting to go on the Walt Disney World Railroad.

2. In Tomorrowland wherever you are you seem to be able to ehar the final piece of narration on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, or atleast the last seven words of it "AND BELIEVE IN THE PROMISE OF TOMORROW."

AXOAlum
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Reading all the signs in the line for Jungle Cruise - they crack me up! My favorite is still the "Free kittens to good home" one :mickey:

cgriff
02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
At the Magic Kingdom I like the sound of the wind in Injun Joe's Cave... and those Tiki Statues near Jungle Cruise with the speakers inside playing tribal drum music (beware: one of the Tikis might also get you wet!)... At Epcot, I like the Fiber Optic Fireworks built into the sidewalks... The Singin' in the Rain umbrella at Disney's Hollwood Studios... and at Disney's Animal Kingdom I like Mr. Panika's Gecko Cabinet in the Kali River Rapids queue.

goofy78
02-23-2009, 04:05 AM
Mine is the music they play in the backround at all the parks. I love them all but FW in Epcot and Tomorrowland are my favorites.

I gotta agree with EpcotChic23 here. I really enjoy the music they pipe through going into Epcot.
In addition to the music, MK offers two things I always make a point to enjoy. One is getting a haircut at the barber shop. The other is after it starts to warm up a bit I go grab a dole whip in adventurland.

DisneyHoneymooners
02-23-2009, 09:07 AM
I know they pump it in, but the smell of the bakery on Main street is always a great start to the day.

DixieBelle
02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
At the Magic Kingdom I like the sound of the wind in Injun Joes cave.... At Epcot, I like the Fiber Optic Fireworks built into the sidewalks...

These are some of my favorites!!
:mickey::thumbsup:

beksy
02-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I love reading the signs in the different lines and looking at the items. I especially like the Jungle Cruise signs, Philharmagic signs, and the items at Expedition Everest. Last time at EE we got behind the Imagineer that had worked on EE and got a little "tour" of how they researched and decided what to put into the waiting area (plus some inside info about an Imagineers job! Best part, it was free!) :mickey:

afowl1017
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
At Epcot, I like the Fiber Optic Fireworks built into the sidewalks...

Me too! My kids love them as well! The other treasures are the flowers and grounds! Pristine and beautiful. The attention to detail every where you look is amazing to me. (OH and the sound of the Monorail! IN and Outside!)

Nini
02-23-2009, 06:12 PM

I agree! This is why we were kind of disappointed when we went for Christmas in '07. Constant Christmas music everywhere and none of the other that we love. For us it just wasn't the same, and I don't think we'd ever go back for that time of year again.

Denise :mickey:

joonyer
02-23-2009, 08:58 PM
In general, it is the background music, the landscaping and lighting at night in all the parks that create a lot of the Disney magic for me.
Another small thing I love is sitting and watching the huge fountain set to music in Epcot Future world.

Disdaddy
02-23-2009, 09:34 PM
I like people watching. It cracks me up to see how some adults behave at DW.

GhostHost999
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
This might sound silly, but I love hearing the voice on the Monorail...it's like the final assurance..."Yes you are at Disney World!"

I always look forward to it.

PlutoPlanet
02-25-2009, 09:14 PM
For us its the Boardwalk at night.

kemps@wdw
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
All of WDW is a treasure...and I LOVE it all!!:cloud9: But as with anything, it's the little things that make it truly special, even @ the World! Like...my coffee @ sunrise on the dock @ the WL :mcoffee: ...the toasted pecans @ the little cart outside The Land :tasty: ...the "sparkling sidewalk" in Epcot, the "Partners" statue in MK (which I have in my kitchen), riding in the front of the Monorail, and,most of all, the look on my DH and DD's face when we first enter the WDW gates!! :woohoo::joy::high5::yay:

MistressGracey999
02-27-2009, 09:42 PM
First things first, I can't explain how COOL it is to be a part of this forum!! I feel kindred spirits here everytime I read posts! It's so great to know that there are people out there who are as much of a Disneyphile as I am!!:D

The little things at WDW are what makes this place so magical! Here are some things my family treasures every time we go...

The smell at POP Century. Anyone else notice this? When we arrive and step into the lobby, we all stop and inhale...and smile at each other!

The shampoos and soaps at Pop make me smile. Such detail. I still have a bottle of shampoo from before they changed them that has a picture of Mickey on it saying, "Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!" LOL

I love the statues of Walt and Roy Disney at MK. Without Walt and Roy, what would we be discussing right now?

I LOVE sitting by the pool at night, especially on arrival night. It's such a wonderful feeling to just BE there, and knowing that you have your whole wonderful week ahead of you...:cloud9:

We love buying Japanese candies from the Japan pavilion shops in WS for the folks back home. Mmmmm, Pocky...

And my NUMBER ONE SUBTLE TREASURE IS....having my family all to myself for a week, with minimal distractions, at the most magical place on earth! :thumbsup: