PDA

View Full Version : Boatwright's cuts breakfast

joelkfla
02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside will no longer be open for breakfast effective Sunday, February 22, 2009. Dinner will continue to be offered daily.

Guests looking for dining options at Port Orleans - Riverside throughout the day are invited to visit the Riverside Mill for a wide variety of meals or the River Roost for lounge-style dining.

jakeybake
02-22-2009, 12:40 PM
That's a shame. I really love their breakfast, especially the banana stuffed french toast.

If I'm not mistaken that leaves no options at all for a sit down breakfast at both POFQ and POR. Not good for folks who are paying for a moderate and only getting value dining options.

Jay

elmjimmlm
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Out of all the places to close for breakfast...:mad: This is one of our favorites that we love to go and look forward to every year...I hope that it isn't perminate...

Hull-onian
02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
We are staying a POFQ and was looking forward to going to Boatwrights for breakfast. We always have in the past. That's a bummer. Thanks for the update.:mad:

#1donaldfan
02-22-2009, 03:56 PM
....well, I guess I'll have to find another favorite place to eat breakfast......:ill:

Goes4FastPass
02-23-2009, 02:18 PM
What a shame.

Ian
02-23-2009, 02:26 PM
These oddball decisions just continue to baffle me ... how annoying ...

Seasonscraps
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
That's a shame. It was really good and pretty fast for a ts place.

Piece by piece all the magic is going away.

goofysbabe
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
:mad:Put me in the upset catagory!!! We are staying there in Oct. and wanted to do at least 1 breakfast there- wanted to try the bananna stuffed french toast - cuts I hate em!!!:mad:

pixiesmimi
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm really to the point now with all the cuts and things going on this year at my magical place that if this keeps up, I will be finding a new magical place to go on vacation. They are taking all the fun and magic out of WDW and still expect people to pay big prices to vacation there. When prices go up and services and amenities (restaurants, etc.) go down, there is something wrong with this picture. If this restaurant is such a favorite of so many people, why would they cut out breakfast? It would be different if it wasn't any good and there wasn't much business but this seems to be a popular place for breakfast, especially since it is at a resort and those staying there need a place to eat breakfast.

JPL
02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Probably one of the best sitdown breakfasts on property. I'm sad to see it go :(

Insanity Clause
02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
I am really disappointed about the breakfast thing. DH and I really wanted to make rezzies there the morning that we left and enjoy the sweet potato pancakes. Now I guess we will have to find an alternative to that.

4myprincesses
03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
How sad, they had wonderful breakfasts here...omelets, sweet potato pancakes, and the yogurt/granola/fruit platter! I just hate to see it go.

lockedoutlogic
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I am personally offended by this.....

Not that i've stayed at Port Orleans recently or probably will anytime soon (Dvc)....but it is completely ridiculous that they have taken any amenities away from their hotels when the prices have increased so much over the last few years....

For rooms that are now charged the RIDICULOUS rate of between $149 (plus 13% tax) and $230 dollars plus tax.....

wait....$230.00.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

And now they choose to eliminate a sitdown meal from a location (combined with port) that...according to Disney...consists of 3,072 intergrated rooms....

It was disgraceful to close Bomafamille's and then sell it that Boatrights served this new "integrated" location....it is an even bigger disgrace that they are now limitings the one remaining full service restaurant in that general facility to only one meal....

As some of you may know....I spent a couple of years trying to stick my fingers in the holes on the hull of the boat called Disney's Caribbean Beach resort.....
....the moderates....are simply a ripoff in so many ways....
There is no way to justify the cost difference from the values in my opinion
For What?
A sitdown restaurant that is open for 3 hours? A six foot waterslide? a 5 foot diameter hot tub that has a line to Kissimmee to get into it?

It's frustrating....but let's be clear: they make you pay for it.

Not to go to the class argument (DISCLAIMER: this is about beancounter's numbers....nothing else)...but they make you pay for what they determine as class levels. The buildings are designed that way in many cases.....the facilities are placed that way as well....
They count on the experienced WDW traveler to make subliminal connections to where they are and what they're paying in their subconscious

Reduction or closing of facilities is simply unacceptible.

If i were going to Dixie....sorry "port".....I would be furious and most likely pull back my money and head straight for POP or Movies....
The consumers' money is always some shade of green (or orange.....but that's another story) and always has the same pictures on it....So why if I give Disney more of it - can they then eliminate the services?

Raise the prices....that's what they should and always do....don't take away the fundamentals that the price you're already paying is based on.

...ohhhh...I'm so in the bad place right now:thedolls:

JPL
03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
And as a further slap in the face to DVC members it's listed as disounted dining location and mentions breakfast in the the new Disney Files magazine. I guess we can chalk that up with our lunch discount at the Tomorrowland Noodle Station :mad:

Hull-onian
03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't know if this would be an option for all you breakfast fans. We love to go to the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom for breakfast. You should check out their menu. The coffee :mcoffee: is excellet--breakfast superb. Waitstaff is great. You do need ressies to eat there. It is a real treat and you will not be diappointed.:tasty: