PDA

View Full Version : DME luggage delivery after 10 p.m. discontinued

joelkfla
02-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Effective March 30, 2009, Disney’s Magical Express will no longer offer luggage delivery service for arrivals to the Orlando International Airport after 10 p.m.

Guests arriving at the airport after 10 p.m. should claim their luggage at the baggage claim and take it with them to the Disney’s Magical Express motor coach to their resort.

Luggage delivery service will be provided for Disney’s Magical Express and Disney Cruise Line Guests traveling to Walt Disney World for a resort stay who arrive on flights beginning at 5 a.m. until 10 p.m.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure that this is a bad thing! I would hate to be woken up in the middle of the night for my luggage delivery. At least this way, when I get there, so does my luggage.

Ruprect
02-23-2009, 07:38 AM
I foresee much confusion when people have flights that are delayed or arriving near the cutoff time. I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end for the luggage delivery service.

DizneyRox
02-23-2009, 09:25 AM
More cost savings... The number of people who arrive that late probably don't justify the cost of running that 24/7.

Next up, they will start charging for the ME service for everyone. This actually isn't fair, since everoyne is paying for the service in their resort costs, not some poeple aren't able to leverage the service they ARE paying for. ME is not "free"!

joelkfla
02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I foresee much confusion when people have flights that are delayed or arriving near the cutoff time.
Yes, the internal info does say that Guests on flights scheduled before 10 whose flight actually arives after 10 will need to retrieve their own bags. The Welcome Center will direct Guests to the bag claim when they check in.

If luggage has been shunted to a post-10 p.m. flight but passengers arrive on time, the luggage will be delivered the following morning.

thrillme
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
I think the brunt of this is probably those late night arrivals often either wanted their bags IMMEDIATELY or else got cranky when they tried to deliver them after midnight.

Still others may have ended up opting to have the bags delivered in them morning with a few situations where a bag didn't make it for whatever reason. They probably too got tired of having to "secure" the bags all night.

c&d
02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I have to say I'm not upset about this. Our flight gets in at midnight so I'll be happy to have my luggage with me when I get to the hotel. Yeah it's a pain having to lug it around but I always forget one thing in overnight suitcase when we arrive late :blush:

Dream'nDisney
03-25-2009, 11:08 AM
We will be arriving late too. Should we NOT put our ME tags on our luggage for our trip to WDW (but just have them with us w/ our ME confirmation)?

CleveRocks
03-25-2009, 11:00 PM
We will be arriving late too. Should we NOT put our ME tags on our luggage for our trip to WDW (but just have them with us w/ our ME confirmation)?

If your flight arrives after 10 p.m., then you won't need to put the DME tags on your bags. There is NO NEED, no advantage to taking the DME tags with you. You DO NOT need them for any kind of proof of anything. You'll have a DME booklet that includes your DME bus vouchers.

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2009, 08:24 AM
I think the brunt of this is probably those late night arrivals often either wanted their bags IMMEDIATELY or else got cranky when they tried to deliver them after midnight.

1) No.
2) Afternoon CM shift goes home at 10:30pm.
3) And, they need time to get ready to leave.