PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou?

PhilHarHarMagic
02-22-2009, 07:57 AM
We're going to be at DLR for our 20th anniversary. Is Blue Bayou still a good spot for a nice dinner?

Closet Disney Fan
02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I went there just last year and my girlfriend and I had a great dinner. We had heard that it was overrated but we highly disagreed. We loved it and I'm sure it wouldn't dissapoint !

NotaGeek
02-23-2009, 12:00 AM
To be honest, I think that the ambiance is wonderful. The food is over priced when you consider the service that BB offers. I will probably not be going back any time soon ... for the amount it costs to eat there I would rather go to Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel -- amazing food, service AND ambiance.

That being said, I do think that everyone should hit BB once to judge for themselves. It's IS the only fine dining restaurant inside DLR after all.

NewDVCowner
02-27-2009, 07:24 PM
The desserts are WONDERFUL. My sister and I went there last year and we each got a different one and both were to die for!

delphinidae308
02-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Yes, it is expensive, but Blue Bayou is a must for us on every trip. We went for the first time for the ambiance and keep going back because of the food. We've always had prompt service. I love the wedge salad before the main course and the potatoes that come with most of the dishes. My husband tried jambalaya for the first time here. He was concerned about how much heat or spice would be in food and the waiter offered to replace it with something else if he didn't like it. The deserts are indeed delicious, but almost too much for us to split after everything else. I also love the chocolate mints at the end of the meal and was disappointed to get a candy cane instead during the holidays. If cost is an issue, an option would be to do a split plate on an entree for a small charge.

disneymama09
03-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes, Expensive, but good, The Monte Cristo is AMAZING:thumbsup:

Aisling
03-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Definitely worth it - especially for something special like your 20th anniversary. Make sure you let the CM know when you book your reservations and also let them know when you arrive. If they can give you a water-side table, it's so pretty and watching the boats go by is so much fun.

By the way, congratulations on 20 years!!

FRANKTASMIC
03-18-2009, 03:40 PM
You must try the short ribs, :cloud9:to die for. The price is a little high, but you should try it at least once.

dtootsie42
03-29-2009, 03:31 PM
To be honest, I think that the ambiance is wonderful. The food is over priced when you consider the service that BB offers. I will probably not be going back any time soon ... for the amount it costs to eat there I would rather go to Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel -- amazing food, service AND ambiance.

That being said, I do think that everyone should hit BB once to judge for themselves. It's IS the only fine dining restaurant inside DLR after all.

I agree 100% I thought Steakhouse 55 was simply incredible!!!

meldan98
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I was looking at a menu on another site, and it doesn't appear that the Monte Cristo is on the menu still. Does anyone know if it is still?

NotaGeek
04-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I was looking at a menu on another site, and it doesn't appear that the Monte Cristo is on the menu still. Does anyone know if it is still?
It's there. I made the mistake of ordering one the last time I was there, at least during lunch it was -- btw the sandwich was fine, the powdered sugar just kind of ruined it for me.

MegaDisney
04-09-2009, 04:44 PM

I think it is only on the lunch menu. It is available at one of the other NOS Dining locations but I am not sure which one.

tinkwest
04-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I think it is only on the lunch menu. It is available at one of the other NOS Dining locations but I am not sure which one.

Cafe Orleans

DVC2004
04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Love Blue Bayou! It's a must for us every trip. The filet was wonderful and the trio of creme brulee was very good.

goofy89
04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I ate there in August. I definitely think it is a must do. The ambiance is amazing! :mickey:
Also, the Monte Cristo was only on the lunch menu when I was there.

jrkcr
04-14-2009, 12:05 AM
I think it is just OK. Way too dark for me-I like to be able to actually read the menu and see my food.
We've been there 3 times now, cause DH likes it. And I do enjoy the filet, and the creme brulee.

I prefer Cafe Orleans right around the corner. We sat outside for lunch. DH got the Monte Cristo last trip, and it was awesome! DD's ordered the seafood crepes and they were great!!! I tried the ratatouille, but if I remember correctly, I thought it was too spicy(I am a whimp). DH liked it and thought the Monte was too sweet, so we switched!!

Now I'm hungry......

LittleSpirit02
04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I went over the summer and definitely enjoyed the experience. I have to say - the wedge salad was delicious. *shrugs* I know that's not the part of the meal you'd think would stand out... but it was so good! The potatoes are a must IMO, as well. I could eat a whole plate of just those! Ask for a table by the water/boats - we did and didn't even have a wait more than maybe 2-3 minutes.