PDA

View Full Version : Fall deals / specials ????

Gotta Love Eeyore
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Is it too early to start speculating on Fall "specials"?

I really need my Disney fix. :mickey:

Belster
02-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I just booked on a 40% off coupon that I got in the mail. I would hope that they would extend the buy4 get 3.

johnO
02-22-2009, 07:49 AM
We're awaiting the free dining for Sept. Disney doesn't release it to the public until April though....

pianobabe
02-22-2009, 07:52 AM
We're awaiting the free dining for Sept. Disney doesn't release it to the public until April though....

In the past, they have offered it to Disney Visa members first and then the general public. I know with me, they would send me an email telling me about it.

johnO
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
In the past, they have offered it to Disney Visa members first and then the general public. I know with me, they would send me an email telling me about it.

When do they usually release it for visa holders?

doodleboy
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
With the recent release of information projecting this recession to see no improvement until 2011, I would anticipate that the free dining may be replaced with the continuation of buy 4, get 3. Or some combination of that. If they had free dining during a good economy, they will have to do better with things the way they are.

Crow
02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I think id rather have a diff deal than free dining....ive tried it a few times. Id rather have a discount on the resorts.
wasnt planning on going this yr at all, but the nephews have never been so Im doing it for them Easter wk....Ill have to see what happens.
used to go in Sept for my birthday. I would anticipate at least the free dining cause of the economy.

pianobabe
02-22-2009, 01:45 PM
When do they usually release it for visa holders?

From what I remember it is only like a week or so before the general public and that is usually around Easter. We have done the Bounce Back offer the past few years, so I don't remember exactly.

Dsnygirl
02-23-2009, 05:49 AM
If they had free dining during a good economy, they will have to do better with things the way they are.

For many families, free dining is actually better than the buy 4/get3 deal... we're a family of 4, 1 child old enough to have to be on the adult dining plan. We'd save $826 for 7 nights w/ free dining... we'd only save $546 with 4 nights/3 free at CBR. So, it's what we're hoping for for October, but realizing that it'll probably never happen, as October is still a very popular time for them... the best I can probably hope for in October is probably good AP rates, and that may not even be enough to get us down there this year. :(

DisneyFr33k
02-23-2009, 11:44 AM
So, it's what we're hoping for for October, but realizing that it'll probably never happen, as October is still a very popular time for them...

I would LOVE It if they did offer free DDP for October as it is our favorite month to visit. You're right, it is a popular month to come - the food and wine festival is wonderful!! :cloud9: :beer::wine:

goofysbabe
02-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm with the other 2 posters who are going in Oct. I'm hoping they extend the 4/3 or do free dining. Got my ressies already, but prayin for some kinda discount before we go.:fingers:

doodleboy
02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I imaging something will be offered eventually. Or if they are finding that the deals are not helping their bottom line they could follow Lego Land's lead and limit park hours to keep overhead down. Closing a few hours early or openning later could really save some $$$$.

Dsnygirl
02-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Or if they are finding that the deals are not helping their bottom line they could follow Lego Land's lead and limit park hours to keep overhead down. Closing a few hours early or openning later could really save some $$$$.
Sounds good in theory, but I doubt it would help them at all... Disney is already overpriced, and to cut hours w/o cutting ticket prices would probably hurt revenue in the long run, I would think.

I think Disney has got to have realized by now they have to do something better than the 4 for 3 thing... they obviously haven't gotten the bookings they anticipated or they wouldn't have extended the offer through August. I would imagine most people jump at the offer at first, but then realize they're really only getting free hotel rooms at the rack rate -- the savings b/w a 7 night pass paid for out of pocket and a 4 night pass is negligable, those 3 "free park days" are worth about $37 for a family of 4, if one child is paying adult price and one is still paying children's pricing. And why pay rack rate for your hotel room, if you can get a better deal with a discount? Free dining is really the only good deal out there, which is why they limit it so much. :(