PDA

View Full Version : Do I need ADRs Labor Day week?

PETE FROM NYC
02-21-2009, 02:02 PM
We are booked for Sept 4 thru Sept 13.This is suposedly the slow season.
Will we need to make ADRs during that week? Or dare we try to do the walk up?
BTW I hate ADRs. How does anybody know what they will feel like eating months in advance?

Strmchsr
02-21-2009, 02:24 PM
DEFINITELY! That week is when the "free" dining promotion has been ongoing the last 3-4 years so lots of folks are counting on it. Even if Disney decides not to do that promotion for the general public this year, as I've heard rumors about, I imagine there are enough folks anticipating it that the restaurants will still be pretty booked up. Even when the parks don't seem that crowded during September the last few years the table service places are packed because everyone is on the DDP.

Unfortunately, ADRs are just a way of life now. Between the popularity of the DDP and the fact that there really isn't a "slow" time at WDW anymore it's just something we all have to deal with.

That said, if you're not picky about where you eat you can sometimes get ADRs the week/day of if you go for the less popular restaurants, but, for me, that's not a good option because then I'm still limited as to my choice so I'd rather bite the bullet and plan ahead.

SBETigg
02-21-2009, 02:27 PM
If it's during the free dining period, which that time frame traditionally is, then ADRs are harder to get than even at more crowded times of year and you will most likely need ADRs to eat anywhere, let alone at the more popular establishments. Even if not at a crowded time of year or during Free Dining, ADRs for the more popular restaurants are a necessity. If you have no preferences and you don't mind where you end up eating on any given night, then no, you don't need ADRs. If you do have certain places in mind, ADRs are recommended at any time of year.

Seasonscraps
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
I'll echo what has been said - if there is free dining at that time you will need ADRs. Last time I was in Disney was mid Sept and without an ADR my dining choice one was Germany or a restaurant that doesn't take ADRs like ESPN.

CaptSmee
02-21-2009, 10:50 PM
If you want to eat at any of the sitdowns, I would definitely get ADR's. I made mine the other day for a trip that's about 65 days away and was shocked when some of the restaurants we wanted to dine at had no availability (Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's).

It seems like more and more people are using the dining plan in general and like others have said you will be arriving during a time that traditionally has offered free dining.