PDA

View Full Version : Softball trip

nabrahamsen
02-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Hello,
In just over a month I will be going with my softball team to Disney world. Last year, we left without any reservations, which makes it difficult to find a sit down restaurant for 22 people every day. I made the reservations when we got there, but not many places had availabilities. Another problem is finding a restaurant that will have something to offer to all the girls (some very picky) on the team, particularly in Epcot, with all of the eclectic countries. My sister and I always like to try new things, which is why we loved Morocco's restaurant last year, but there were definately some grumbles from some of the other girls. I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions for restaurants for all of the theme parks, boardwalk, downtown disney, and perhaps some dining at resorts (we are staying at all star music), that would be worth the trip from our resort. Thank you so much.

Strmchsr
02-21-2009, 12:52 PM
First off, :welcome: to Intercot!!!

With such a large group you're always going to have problems. Especially since you only have a month to go and most folks make their ADRs at the 90 day mark. I would suggest you check with Disney about their Magical Gatherings which is specifically tailored towards large groups. As for the food...check the menus in Info Central to get an idea of what each place has to offer. Honestly, if some of the others are picky probably none of the restaurants in World Showcase will satisfy everyone except maybe Le Cellier since it's a basic steak house, but given its popularity I seriously doubt you could get in there at this late date. You might walk over to the ESPN Zone at Boardwalk. That's a 5 minute walk through the International Gateway (between UK and France).

The only other option I would see is let each group make their own ADRs (if 5 or 6 want Mexico, and 7 others want Japan, etc then let them go). At MK Crystal Palace is a good option since it's a buffet. Prime Time Cafe is a big hit at DHS, though I'm not sure you could get your entire group together there.

Good luck!

kakn7294
02-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Buffets are a great way to satisfy a large group (for the most part) as there's always a variety of things from which to choose. You could also consider "snacking around the world" in Epcot - hitting all the counter-service and snack locations for a variety rather than expecting everyone to eat at the same location. Good luck and have a great trip!

Figment!
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT :hi: , Glad you're here. :)

With a group that size you may want to consider the Group Dining reservation option. Typically, larger groups have more success getting in the locations they desire and being seated in the same general area by using this option.

From Advanced Dining Reservations (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp)
Group Dining:

If you are dining with a large group of 8 or more call WDW-Dine and request to be transferred to "Group Dining". A credit card number must be given to secure the group Advanced Dining Reservation. There is a cancellation policy within 24 hours of the reservation time. A $10.00 penalty per person is applied for guests that do not cancel in advance.

As noted, just make sure to cancel more than 24 hours in advance if you will not be able to make the reservation.

nabrahamsen
02-22-2009, 11:17 AM
thank you so much for your answers. I will definately bring up all of these options to my coach