PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had/hadn't done......

Gregandmel
02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
This is sort of in line with the threads that deal with "what would I do differently" or something along that line. For our next trip, here are 2 things I'll do differently:

1.) Not rush through the park to hit all the rides and forget to take it easy the rest of the day. We did a fantastic job of hitting all the rides we wanted to do, but I feel like we missed a TON (we wanted to be out of the parks by 3pm at the latest) although we had such a GREAT time, now that I look back, there are SO MANY things we still need to do!! And I didn't get ANY pictures of Fantasyland at MK because we were busy racing to Space Mountain!!

2.) Bring extra socks in a baggie in your backpack. Our feet got wet several times and it's not all that much fun to walk around with wet feet! We ended up with "paper towel" socks at one point (doesn't work too well)

What are some of your thoughts on what you'll do or not do your next trip??

crazypoohbear
02-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I wish I had the time to sit back and just enjoy the resort and all it has to offer instead of staying at the parks until I am ready to drop from exhaustion.

brownie
02-21-2009, 11:41 AM
2.) Bring extra socks in a baggie in your backpack. Our feet got wet several times and it's not all that much fun to walk around with wet feet! We ended up with "paper towel" socks at one point (doesn't work too well)

Instead of extra socks you might consider moisture wicking hiking socks that will dry faster. Waterproof shoes can help, too, except for the times when the water pours in from the top of the shoe!

beksy
02-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I would spend more time enjoying the resort and swimming (of course it was February and kind of cold for swimming so that can be excused!).

I would spend more time in World Showcase. We ran out of time and rushed it.

tjstrike
02-22-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm with the rest of the folks, I'd love to kick back and enjoy all the resort and park ammenitys but you spend so much for the vacation is hard not to hang out at the parks all day. Especially with kids the ages mine are.(13,10 and 9)

goofy78
02-22-2009, 05:06 AM
I agree with taking it easy. It is not hard to find yourself rushing to see everything you want and end up missing so much along the way. Our next trip will include enough time to take a stroll through the parks and resorts giving us plenty of opportunity to see the things we want and to experience new things.

paragon
02-22-2009, 07:13 AM
We ususally hit MK several times, and have at least one long day, but I have decided to only bring the camera on one day, and take the time to look at all the finer details and photo ops.
I would also try to avoid buying too many souvinirs, sinc I have to carry the luggage and its been getting heavier each time, or is it that I'm getting older?....Nah, its heavy!

stitchaholic
02-22-2009, 07:32 AM

wear crocs and no socks,if it's cold get the mammoth crocs,they are the most comfortable shoe to wear when walking!
we took alot more time to relax and enjoy the resort this time around,the kids really appreciated the time at the pool,ME TOO!

mouseketeer mom
02-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Its a great thread to know what worked for others, what didn't.
I agree with the slowing down part. We always go back, no need to frantically run around and check off the to do list.
Cancel ADR's if we are having a great time doing what we are doing. So many times our day has been stressed with having to make it to dining by a certain time. Sometimes, that extra time in the pool and grabbing a hot dog at Caseys when we're ready, can be so much more rewarding then running and rushing to that ADR.
When the kids are tired, and we still have to walk allll theee waaaaaay to the front of the park, its best just to call it a day then to squeeze in that nighttime parade or fireworks. It makes for a miserable time. The kids are miserable and the night is so much longer as you know how hard it is to exit the park with the masses at the end of the nighttime shows. Sometimes just getting away from the crowds and back to the resort makes all the difference. We've come back to the resort and the kids have suddenly gotten a second wind and we've created our own magic with a nighttime swim or dole whip before calling it a night. Magic is everywhere at WDW. Sometimes its easier to find it when you slow down!

comicguy
02-22-2009, 08:51 AM
we always try to work in a day where we explore a resort each trip just to see if we might like staying there someday.

javamama
02-22-2009, 02:02 PM
I wish I'd relax more, and remember I'm not Julie McCoy every year that I'm on vacation too. It seems like everyone else has so much more fun than I do every year, so this year it's my turn:mickey:

CzepielCrew
02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I wish I had spent more time at the resorts. I wish I hadn't brought my mother in law.

InLikeSin
02-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I wish we hadn't wasted a whole day at hollywood studios. I hated that park!

I wish we had skipped Stich's Great Escape ride, im still confused as to the point of that ride.

And finally, I wish we could have spent like a week in itself at world showcase. That is the only part of WDW that I wanted to take home with me!

E-Ticket4
02-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Wish we hadn't taken the kids! Now they want to go everytime, and it cramps mine and hubby's vacation plans - really - how can you expect the have a good vacation at WDW with those pesky kids along.
:))

GoofyGirl18
02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I also agree with not rushing through the parks. I think I've finally convinced my DH to slow down & enjoy the scenery this year. We'll see if that actually happens once the excitement kicks in. We've also opted not to do the park hopper this year. This may end up being a mistake, but we're going to try it out. One big thing I'd do differently is that we will be taking rain ponchos to AK this year. The past two times we ended up getting soaked & having to go back to our resort to change right away. ;)