PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer ??

angel2931
02-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Just a few questions for anyone that has used gardengrocer and had your ordered delivered to the hotel. How did it work? DO you have to be there to receive the order? Where you happy with the service? I thought it would be good to maybe use them, especially for a lot of the baby stuff we would have to lug down. Any feedback would be great!! Thanks!! :mickey:

dfamasb
02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
We used them on our trip earlier this month. When you order you pick a 2 hour time frame for delivery, but you do not have to be at your resort for the delivery. They will deliver it to bell services and call you when it's been delivered. When you get to your resort you just call bell services and they will deliver it to your room.
Everything went smoothly and I would highly recommend them!! :thumbsup:

spoiledraf
02-21-2009, 05:41 AM
We are going with our adult children and spouses and their kids and they were wondering if they will deliver beer. With little ones, there will be some early bedtimes and not a lot of opportunity to enjoy much night life.

disney323
02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Highly recommended! In fact, we are in the process of creating our list for our May trip. We were not there when the order arrived and bell services took it up to our room when we called. We had everything we needed neatly packed in bags. Well worth it.

To Spoiledarf: They don't deliver alcohol. You can get wine/beer at the Boardwalk General Store and Beach Club but not sure if other resorts carry it.

TinkerbellT421
02-21-2009, 09:38 AM
We are going with our adult children and spouses and their kids and they were wondering if they will deliver beer. With little ones, there will be some early bedtimes and not a lot of opportunity to enjoy much night life.

Yes they do. Me and DBF used it for this reason this past January. When you use the order form online though (its not on their grocery list) there is a special comments section that you type the quantity and amount and brand of wine/beer or any alcohol you want. ALso if there is anything else you need or want at all put it in the special comments box as well. They will pick it up for you at no additional charge for delivery. FYI: FL apparently doesnt sell 30 packs of beer :confused:

Dream'nDisney
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM
We used Garden Grocer on our last trip, and they were great. We placed our order on-line, and then called them to add beer. We ordered their styrofoam cooler for a few dollars so that we could keep the beer on ice. It worked out great. They also told us if we needed their services again during our stay, they would waive that delivery fee. I'm not sure if they still do that though. We will definitely be using them again if we decide to fly.

TinkerbellT421
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
To Spoiledarf: They don't deliver alcohol. You can get wine/beer at the Boardwalk General Store and Beach Club but not sure if other resorts carry it.

Yes they do. Just you wont find it on THEIR list of items. You have to put it in the comments box.

doodleboy
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Does the hotel refrigerate you cold items if you are not there for delivery?

gueli
02-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Also remember you can ship stuff down to the resort via UPS or some other carrier. While this would not help with foodstuff, for non-perishables it workes great.
:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Does the hotel refrigerate you cold items if you are not there for delivery?

Yes.

princessgirls
02-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I too was wondering about all of the questions that others asked!!!

I'm adding a 12-pack of Coors light to my order!!!

Julie:mickey:

InLikeSin
02-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I would agree with everyone. We used them on our trip last week and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. They called a few days before we left to verify our order that I had placed online. We didn't get to our hotel until 4am because of stupid airline delays and it was there waiting for us.