PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia OR Chef's De France???

dizprincess27
02-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Hello - I am trying to decide on one more Epcot Dinner choice. Can you tell me which one you would choose and why? I'm interested in both atmosphere and food. Thanks.

gatrbait
02-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I would go with Tutto for many reasons...you, your daughter and friend will melt over the wonderful eye candy they call waiters...you can get just about anything pure pasta, pork, beef, chicken, you want so it will please everyone all around. I'm not sure the allears menu is up to date they change their menu often. Oh and by the way you can't beat their deserts the Profiterolles
oh my . You can always get most of the french pastries at the pastery shop... I think you will be best off there you all will love it!!
Micky

dizprincess27
02-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you Gatorbait.

Only one answer? No one has suggestions or opinions on these restaurants?

big blue and hairy
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm not a lot of help, given the choice, Le Chefs de France or Tutto Italia, my answer is....yes...

:sulley:

VWL Mom
02-21-2009, 04:48 PM
We did Tutto Italia in November and really enjoyed it. The food was very good and you could tell the ingredients were fresh. The waitstaff was very attentive, especially Marko.

Never have eaten at Chefs de France, sorry.

Mousemates
02-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Depending upon my eating choices close to home (I'm not familiar with Mt. Laurel NJ), I'd go with the cuisine type not as readily available to me on a regular basis. For us, there are numerous good upscale italian restaurants within driving distance...but no french restaurants to be found. So, when we go to WDW we tend to punt on the italian (and mexican offerings as well) and sample something we can't get in knoxville or chattanooga.

We were at Chefs last june (had a nice window seat) and thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Hammer
02-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Well, I'm quite familiar with Mt. Laurel, NJ as you can see from my location (we are located just outside Philadelphia)! With Philly so close you have many opportunities to eat at some very good, authentic Italian restaurants and to a lesser extent, French bistro style restaurants, so you really can't use the logic of trying to eat a cuisine you can't find at home as pretty much everything is available in Philadelphia.

Now I have not been to Tutto Italia yet, but I am known on as a fan of Chefs De France. Go in with proper expectations, though. If you expect Brassiere Perrier or The Blue Angel (I am still annoyed with Steven Starr for closing this restaurant), you will be disappointed. But it is an enjoyable facsimile of a French bistro in a theme park. I recommend the short ribs and the creme brulee.

pianobabe
02-22-2009, 08:07 AM
We have eaten at Chefs on several occassions and enjoyed it. We have wanted to go to Tutto, but just haven't been able to fit it into our trips.

jcvalenti
02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Been to both ... honestly, I don't much care for either. I used to like Alfredo's, and while Tutto's food was decent, I found it ridiculously overpriced. I've never been a fan of Chefs du France.

If you like Italian, I'd really recommend you check out Il Mulino at the Swan. A quick boat trip from the Epcot friendship landing, and a far better experience for the money than Tutto.

Of course, you may be on the dining plan, on which case that is not an option (which transitions me nicely into my usual rant about how the dining plan is eliminating quality dining options in favour of a stuff 'em and turf 'em approach to eating).

SBETigg
02-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I would choose Chefs de France because it's a sentimental favorite for us. I've been there for good meals, and unfortunately a few not so great. It's inconsistent, but when it's good it's a wonderful place. I did not like Alfredo's, but I haven't tried Tutto Italia. The reason I lean toward Chef's is that the Tutto Italia menu looks pretty standard and I have to say, a tad uninspired.

GoofyGirl18
02-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I haven't tried either, although we intend to check out Tutto when we go this June. My 13 yr old son is a picky eater so i figured we'd have more success with him liking something italian. Good luck making your decision. :)

BugeyedMuggy
02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
We have been to both and it depends if you want Italian or French. But if this helps Chefs is a much better French rest. than Tutto is an Italian rest. (if that makes sence)

dizprincess27
02-23-2009, 09:53 AM
It seems like it is a split down the middle so I may let the kids decide from the menu. Thanks everyone!

Checkers
02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
:mickey:Over the years we have dined at both restaurants. Chefs used to be the one we couldn't wait to eat at but the past few years we have found the menu on the stale side. That's just us, we would like the menu to be updated more often. The last two times we were at WDW, we ate at Tutto and enjoyed it both times. I am sure you will enjoy either one. I might add that I think Tutto's is better suited for small children. Have fun!

Figaro0826
02-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Had to comment, they are the exact two resteraunts I am considering for lunch for table service.

I loved Chef De France, went there on our honeymooon in 2006.

But wouldnt mind checking out a new resteraunt.

I think you would be happy with either!

See you at Disney!:mickey: