PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller or 2 separate strollers??

disney323
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
I am travelling in May to Disney World with our 3 1/2 year old and 4 month old (ages at time of visit). I am looking into getting the Graco quattro double stroller. (front to back) good idea? or easier to do 2 strollers? Our 4 mo old will be in the bucket still.
Thanks

Itchy
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I personnally have not had the need for two strollers but I will throw my two cents worth in anyway.

My first thought is that you have two small children and I have watched parents with the double strollers being loaded onto the busses and they can be quite bulky.

Having said that I would think that two strollers would be a problem since you have the 3 1/2 yr old and infant. You would need to try to handle the two individual strollers, diaper bags, cameras, and hold on to the children.

For safety sake I would go with the double that way the children could be safely held while the bus is in motion.

Hope this helps:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd get one of those stroller frames for the "bucket" and bring a good umbrella stroller for the 3 1/2 year old (a Maclaren, specifically).

Both will be easy to fold up and carry on the bus while handling the kids.

jonahbear2006
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
i vote for the double stroller. If you dont already have one, check out the Kolcraft contours from babies r us or target.com.(this has the option of using a bucket if you want BUT the seats are soo super nice and lay down so wonderfully, I think you would find that you dont want to use it.) Our son at 4 could sleep in the basket laying all stretched out and he did that when he got super tired.We just brought a blanket in for him. Also, we took our 7mth old with this and the seats detach so if he was sleeping when it was time to eat, I just took the seat off and carried him in with us and when you lay it on the floor it lays flat so he slept in the seat while we ate. We also carried him in sleeping to a few shows in it, never had to wake him. It was amazing for us on our trip and the thing i dont like about 2 strollers is the cms are constantly rearranging the stroller parking and your strollers can be separated into two different parking lots in MK. This has been very frustrating to us in the past, esp. at night. The other thing is, that if one parent wants to run and get something or do something that person is forced to take a stroller. That stinks big time, esp for quick service lines and snack shacks. Just not a fan of two strollers and wont ever do it again. There are too many issues. Busses too. One person can grab a double while the other gets the kids on and off the bus. With two strollers, each person needs to grab a stroller.....ok now who has the babes!? Big Pain in the BUTT!

Lizzie
02-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I am all for a good double stroller. Took my 7 month old twins. The time you spend getting of the bus is minimal compared to the time you spend in the park. And only having one stroller to push is important. And your kids being comfortable and being able to sleep is key to a good day in the parks. And with an infant you can grab the car seat and bring it in the restaurant without having to wake up the baby.

We have a Bob Jogging stroller with a front wheel that pivots and you can push with one hand and is easy to get around the parks. And you can stick a car seat in it. We use that one and never use our Graco anymore.

javamama
02-21-2009, 01:18 AM
My kids are 2 months shy of being 3 years apart, and I had a front to back double stroller at first so I could use the infant car seat. I have a boy who is the oldest, and then my dd. It was too had to turn the double stroller, I'm tiny but strong for my size. I had my dh try it out he's 6'2 he told me to take it back it was too had to manuvure(sp) turns, and bumps etc..
I'd do a side by side double even though you can't use your infant seat--which most babies come out of at 8/10 months anyways w/the weight restrictions they have now. Go for a Maclaren Twin Techno--it honestly is the best double on the market in a decent price range(I have a great site if you want it w/out tax and shipping) I bought mine there, and it's 2 1/2 years old now my kids are about 80lbs together and I have no issues using it, it's light, easy to colapse, has two cup holders, buntings, rain hoods---I should work for them they way I sound, but it's a great stroller and it reclines far enough for a newborn to take a nap. Hit Buy Buy Baby or BRUS to try one out or the Graco's you'll see what I mean in the differences. G/L and have a great trip!

angel2931
02-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I have been thinking the same thing. We are going in April with my DS who is going to be 8 months and my DSD (4) and DSS (8). We have a sit/stand stroller we used on our last trip and it was great, but kind of bulky getting on and off the buses and maneuvering around the park. I have a nice umbrella stroller for my DS, but was deciding should we bring the sit/stand again or do I just bring another cheap umbrella stroller for the 4 yo. But these answers just confused me some more! LOL. :confused: Maybe I will look into an inexpensive side by side. Thanks for your help!! :mickey:

kathiep
02-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd get one of those stroller frames for the "bucket" and bring a good umbrella stroller for the 3 1/2 year old (a Maclaren, specifically).

Both will be easy to fold up and carry on the bus while handling the kids.

:ditto:

Big strollers are hard to manage if you're using the bus service. The other option 2 strollers gives you is the option to split up easily if needed. Both parents can take one stroller instead of one getting stuck with the double and all the things that go with it.