PDA

View Full Version : Movie Idea: Real Life Little Mermaid

GrumpyFan
02-20-2009, 12:03 PM
I was listening to my iPod and as a Disney fan, I of course have almost all of the Disney music from different films. When The Little Mermaid song, Part of Your World started playing, it got me to thinking how a real life movie with real actors might be pretty cool. They've made other animated movies into real life films, this one just seems like it would be a real hit.

So, what do you think?

LauraleeH
02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
That would be kinda neat...or maybe pull another Enchanted-type movie and have everything under the sea as animated and everything above the sea as real life!

GrumpyFan
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM
LauraLee, that's a great idea too.

Somebody pointed out to me how they kinda did do a real life Little Mermaid, it was called Splash in 1984, with Daryl Hannah and a very young Tom Hanks.

SBETigg
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
LauraLee, that's a great idea too.

Somebody pointed out to me how they kinda did do a real life Little Mermaid, it was called Splash in 1984, with Daryl Hannah and a very young Tom Hanks.

It really wasn't the same storyline though. Yes, it had a mermaid coupled with a mortal, but the whole Hans Christian Anderson angle wasn't there. Little Mermaid has been done as far as the Hans Christian Anderson original. But I still like the idea of a live action of the Disney version, which twists the original somewhat but still has the idea of sacrifice for love, unattainable love, and a bitter rival.