PDA

View Full Version : Any pixie dust to spare?

TooGoofy
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
After ending up in the Emergency Room a couple of weeks ago, I was diagnosed with gallstones. I thought it was an attack of my Crohn's, but not so! So my doctors have conferred and they all agree the the gallbladder needs to come out. I am scheduled for surgery on Thursday 2/26. I am not really worried about it, it seems like a really routine procedure, but I know that everything will go better with a sprinkling of pixie dust. So if you have any to spare...?

laprana
02-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: your way for a successful operation and quick recovery!!

Wrigley
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Sending lots of pixie dust your way!!:pixie::pixie::pixie:

I had my gallbladder out almost 2 years ago, and it was my first surgery. It was a really easy surgery. From the time I walked in the door, to the time I was home was only about 4 hours. The recovery time was pretty easy as well.

I hope your surgery goes well!

Tinkerfreak
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Here is some :pixie: from not too far away in Bowdoin. I hope your surgery goes well and you are feeling better soon.

DizNee143
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
hope everything goes good!!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: for your surgery and a quick recovery.

AHOTE
02-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I was diagnosed with Gallstones about a year ago so I know how you felt. I've been fortunate that I've been able to keep the flare-ups to a minimum due to a change of diet and a very unusual old home remedy that actually worked very well for me. I do know it will have to come out one day so I might just have to borrow a little of this back in the future.
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Have a quick and pain free recovery

Dznygrl79
02-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Had to have my gallbladder out 9 years ago in ER surgery, it is an easy operation. As soon as they wheeled me back to my room I was walking and a week later I went camping. Just pay attention to your diet after surgery and life is good. I send you pixie dust and prayers for a quick recovery.

TinkerbellT421
02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Sending pixie dust your way for an easy/quick surgery and a quick recovery. Im sure everything will go well. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

beksy
02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Hope all goes well! :tink::tink::tink:

Scott C
02-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Well -- I had an almost worst case scenario ten years ago. The surgeon tried to to it laproscopically -- but that did not work so he had to do an open procedure. But even with that recovery time was about three weeks and I felt so relieved -- I had been in pain so long...... I really felt sorry for my wife though -- She was told that the surgery would take an hour or so -- wound up taking six -- not that I knew that at the time. My father had laproscopic and he was back at work in three days. Don't worry I am sure that you will do fine. It really was not that big of a deal.

Best wishes
Scott C

VWL Mom
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Sending some pixie dust your way for an easy surgery & a speedy recovery :pixie::pixie::pixie:

cindchan
02-21-2009, 08:10 PM
There's always pixie dust to spare!

:pixie::pixie::pixie:
:tink::tink::tink:

See? Best of luck!

disneydeb
02-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Good Luck,:pixie: I had mine removed laproscopically a few years back. I started walking after the anesthesia wore off well. I went home the next day and cooked Christmas dinner a few days after!

ElenitaB
02-22-2009, 03:56 PM
You're absolutely right: a dusting of pixie dust never hurts!

Here's some more for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery:

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

betteratmk
02-22-2009, 04:25 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Hoping for a speedy recovery!!!

merlinmagic4
02-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Of course! :pixie: :pixie: Good luck!