PDA

View Full Version : So very depressed

MizMissy
02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm on the phone with disney dining (on hold) to cancel dining reservations for next week. We thought we could make the trip, but I know it's just not prudent to make the trip at this time. I know it, but I am still close to tears facing the finality of cancelling the reservations. And, to add insult to injury, the song on hold is "Laughing Place.":(

DisneyWhirled
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry. Things are so tough for everyone right now.

I am loosing my job on June 1 and we have our vacation (15 year anniversary) planned for August. I truly hope we will be able to make it.

It will get better and before you know it you will be planning another trip. Take Care!

sassafras
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
My hubby lost his job last April and we had our vacation planned for May. Fortunately, we were able to move our trip up until the end of April since everything was already booked and paid for. We ended up with a split stay (1 night at the AK villas, the rest at CBR). It wasn't the best vacation, since he was continually getting calls from headhunters, but a welcome break after everything and it seemed that everything that could go wrong, did. Hang in there, and hopefully, things will be looking up for you again soon!

SBETigg
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
That's really sad. Of course you're depressed. And the Laughing Place, of all songs. But it's really considerate of you to call and cancel the ADRs and I want to think that kindness will be rewarded with a turn for the better and many future trips to WDW.

WDWFanatic
02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. I hope you'll get to go back in the not to distant future.

Daisy'sMom
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
It is so hard right now and on top of everything else, knowing that you won't be able to see the "laughing place" just makes everything seem so much worse.
DH was told that in April he will be laid off. At least we live close enough to save enough money for gas and drinks, pack some PB&J sandwiches and spend the day forgetting the real world. If we did not have WDW to forget reality, we don't know what we would do. Just remember, it won't last forever. :mickey:

Dznygrl79
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I so totally understand I had the same thing last week, I haven't lost my job but I've gone from 30hrs a week to 10 on a good week. At this point I'm not even making enough to pay for my gym membership and cell phone. It so stinks. I had to call and cancle my camping trip to Fort Wilderness. I'm hoping for a trip in 2010.
But don't be depressed just plan something extra special when you get to go back.....

Luv Eeyore
02-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm so sorry. Here's some pixie dust :pixie: and wishes for things to get better!

vizsla
02-21-2009, 07:07 AM
So sorry to hear that you ad to cancel your trip.

TinkerbellT421
02-21-2009, 09:53 AM
So sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon and you will be able to rebook that triP! :)

MizMissy
02-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the replies and pixie dust! I knew Intercotees would understand.
Considering the state of the economy, I know we are fortunate and doing better than a lot of people, cancelling this trip really was more about "saving for a rainy day" because it looks likely there may be rainy days. And, it was sad to cancel because I don't know when we will get a chance to go again, my kids are getting older and I don't want to take them out of school.
Oh well. We actually spent the evening with a family leaving today for their first Disney trip (7 days, Grand Floridian, dining plan) and talking with them and giving them tips actually made me feel better. I love all about Disney trips - the planning and the doing. I hope our friends really come to love Disney like we do and hopefully some of my tips will help them to do so.
On a last note, this week may be pretty busy. I personally know 30 families from Louisiana going to Disney - kids have a week of school and a lot of locals go on ski or Disney vacations to get out of town for Mardi Gras.
Thanks again for the good thoughts.:thumbsup: