PDA

View Full Version : When would you go?

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-20-2009, 08:20 AM
We want to plan a trip this year, and would like to choose the least busy time, and the best deal,:number1: i am not familiar with American holidays, so i would probably want to avoid these due to crowds. Also I am not sure what deals are usually offered, (know free dining is typically September)
if you could choose any 14 days between September and December when would you go?

disneychick62
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Always enjoyed the second week in November... Great deals , Great weather , Not crowded.....:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Hmmm...any two weeks?

I would go early in December, although I've heard that the crowds are getting heavier during that time. But, the plus side is that all of the Christmas decorations are up, there is the Christmas party, and the weather is cooler.

We've been the last week of August, and it was just too hot, so I would avoid September for the same reason. Mid-November was nice, weather-wise, but there still was a fairly good crowd.

deedeenmickey
02-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I like the last week in September/first week in October. We went at that time last year and it was not crowded and the weather was great! We did Mickey's not so scary Halloween party and it was lots and lots of fun! I am thinking of going at this time again the only thing that is stopping me is keeping my daughter out of school for a week again. She will be a sophmore in HS and it's just too hard to catch up.

Mfarquar
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
I would go somewhere between mid-September to early October.

You will probably be able to take advantage of free dining (which CANNOT be beat!). We've done this many years in the past and have saved tons. Usually it starts somewhere around the end of August and runs until the first couple of days in Oct. As long as you avoid Labor Day Weekend (Sept. 7, 2009) you should be fine. I know people who have visited the week after Labor Day and said it was very empty.

We like late September. We were able to do 10 nights/11 days for the two of us last year at POP with 9 day tickets (plus Hopper & Water Parks & More) with free dining for $1602.

It is still hot in September, but usually a bit better than the summer. It doesn't matter to us because there are virtually NO lines and you're in and out of air conditioning all day. I would say we averaged mid-80s during our trip last year.

Plus, you'll be able to enjoy Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and all of the great Halloween decorations around WDW. Your dates could also fall during the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival.

If you like being scared beyond belief, you'll also be in time for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, which is easily the best adult Halloween event in the country.

The only down-side is that the late summer/fall is hurricane season. I have gone to WDW and/or FL every hurricane season since 2002 and have never had one affect my vacation. If there is one, I have heard they usually only close the parks from 1/2 - 1 day. Just get trip insurance and you should be fine.

As for December, early December is really empty and nice with all of the Christmas decorations, but the deals are usually not nearly as good. It can also be a bit cooler. During one of my November trips, we really didn't do water rides or the pool very much because it was in the mid 60s.

Happy planning! :mickey:

stitchaholic
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
mid to late january is also good,if you can plan it for after the marathon and before the cheer/dance squads come in,although we were there at the same time as the dance camps and found it less busy than the marathon times.
you can tell by our photo's in the trip report thread that the parcs were not that busy.

Disney Doll
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
We went in mid October last year and it was great! Warm temps, but not hot like September; Halloween party; and the International Food & Wine Festival. It was a hectic time for us to get away from work, but otherwise we loved October.

Just wanted to add that you should avoid Columbus Day weekend if you go in October.

Disney1977
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
The first two weeks of December are nice. The parks are decorated for the holidays. Do not go Christmas week, the crowds are terrible.

We were just at WDW the last week of January and there were no crowds.

Have fun.

bwk99
02-20-2009, 01:54 PM
1st two weeks of December are great. Great weather and light crowds.

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Are there any holidays, or events at Disney that could increase the crowed levels at this time.